Mark 3 Iron Man Armor Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
The John said:
DSCF1515.jpg

This was my first version. Used it for fitting.
DSCF1523.jpg

The end all pep file.

Why are you using the less accurate file for your final helmet?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the movie accurate one. The game and some comic illustrations show the front more rounded like the first. But the one I am doing is very close to the movie version.

The John said:
It's the movie accurate one. The game and some comic illustrations show the front more rounded like the first. But the one I am doing is very close to the movie version.

No, the one you're using is completely inaccurate. The first file you used for sizing purposes is much more accurate in every respect. I've spent hours poring over this suit since last year, and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that the second file you posted is much too flat, has an under-pronounced jaw, the eyes are too small and the gap between them too wide (which is what gives it that Downs Syndrome look), has an improper curvature to the temples and brow (the entire thing is too tall, TBH) and the forward intake is improperly proportioned, angled and placed.

This isn't a knock, this is a tip so you get a better helmet after you pour so much energy, cash, time, and (most importantly) care into it.

just a personal opinion (I know I'm a n00b) the one I have used would be the most movie accurate... it takes a bit more work but in the long run is going to pan out the best I think.

IMG_0531-1.jpg

IMG_0529-1.jpg

after a bit of work

IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_0571.jpg

special thanks to BenStreeper for his pep file

hey, just a random question...

do any of you have any good pictures of the back of the armor for the mark 2 or 3? I am currently making the whole suit, but do not have any good pics of the back of this armor...

If you do, that would be great.

either post them on here, pm me, or post them in my thread, 2nd Iron Man Attempt.

IC

Google's a good place to start - if you've not, I suggest you go and have a look. Either that, or maybe some comic forums would be a good start.

Someone Please help me. I am a total noob to making pep armor, but I've been trying to do my homework. I follow the instructions on downloading a pep viewer and then I downloaded the pep file. I then tried to open the file ine the view, but when I looked where I had saved the file... the viewer didn't recognize anything in the file! SO I figured that I'd try it with the Pep Designer program. Still the same problem. I have tried everything that I can think of and now I'm about to pull my hair out! SO please help!!!

ps: I'm going to build this suit to start a super hero charity group much like the 405th and 501st. With any luck possibly have multiple chapters around the nation if not world ya know? I'll keep dreaming though :)

Thanks in advance for any help you guys could give me!
-Aaron

agfrx7 said:
Someone Please help me. I am a total noob to making pep armor, but I've been trying to do my homework. I follow the instructions on downloading a pep viewer and then I downloaded the pep file. I then tried to open the file ine the view, but when I looked where I had saved the file... the viewer didn't recognize anything in the file! SO I figured that I'd try it with the Pep Designer program. Still the same problem. I have tried everything that I can think of and now I'm about to pull my hair out! SO please help!!!

ps: I'm going to build this suit to start a super hero charity group much like the 405th and 501st. With any luck possibly have multiple chapters around the nation if not world ya know? I'll keep dreaming though :)

-Aaron

Aaron, this is a double post try to not do that you put that in my thread and even PM'ed me the same message, sorry I dont know why its not reading the files

agfrx7 said:

-Aaron

Unzip the files first sir, then they will apear as openable.

Sorry if it was already posted on this forum!

Some times ago, I found a damn good 3d file of an Iron Man helmet! This one looks really accurate to me!

The main problems is that it's a very detailled model....and I don't know how to use pepakura (I know there is good tutorials here, but my english is so poor :cautious: )

Here some pictures of this 3d files on pepakura!

I can post it if you're interested. I don't remember where I found it (sorry for the maker). But it was a free download.

iron11.jpg

Nairod said:

Some times ago, I found a damn good 3d file of an Iron Man helmet! This one looks really accurate to me!

The main problems is that it's a very detailled model....and I don't know how to use pepakura (I know there is good tutorials here, but my english is so poor :cautious: )

I can post it if you're interested. I don't remember where I found it (sorry for the maker). But it was a free download.

iron11.jpg
sweet post it man!

Dang we need to find this file. I haven't seen this one yet and i would def build this one. I haven't really wanted to make one so far because the others didn't seem so accurate.

Nairod said:

iron11.jpg

Looks a lot like the one NZ-TK was working on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back