Mark 4, Where Is It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterBest1

Hi, ive been searching a while after the Mark IV (4) helmet, but i cant find it, ive seen some pics of a pep but i cant find any links do download!

Heres a picture if it helps to show what i mean!
Spartan.JPG

I don't think there's and pep files for the MK 4, but I'd be very happy if someone made them :D

If I were you, I'd start working on the tighs and wrist pieces from Mk 6 (They look exactly the same as Mk 4). When you're done with them, check again to see if anyone made a pep file of Mk 4.

In fact, with a bit of bondo, I think you would be able to turn the standard Mk 6 into 4. Doesn't seem that hard, you just won't get the exact same thing.

Anyways, that's what I would do.

it looks more like a mark 5.5 because it is a bit of the mark 5 with a bit of the mark 6, and some of its own origional style. you could probrably just combine pep files from both suits, and make modifications to make it look right. just a seggestion

Nugget had started some Halo Wars spartan models late last year...
The thread is on Page 22 of the Pep forum. The file links are no longer valid though, so you might want to PM him and see if he still has them.

Aww, ya beat me to it, Ruze.

Nugget made the helmet, chest, shoulder, belt, and cod piece.

You do know that armour is the old version, right? The new MKIV (that will be in the game) looks quite different (especially the shoulders).

mkivspin.gif

I started working on this when I saw the topic... 20 minutes or so of work... Then I scroll down to find out someone else already made the files. Oh well, I can use the practice, I'll probably end up finishing this.

mk4 has been done i have em but i dont feel like uploading em at the moment ill upload em later if anyone wants em

mk1 cannot be made since no one has seen them

bmaster1092 said:
it looks more like a mark 5.5 because it is a bit of the mark 5 with a bit of the mark 6, and some of its own origional style. you could probrably just combine pep files from both suits, and make modifications to make it look right. just a seggestion
I agree it does look like 5.5, but I think that the cover of "the Cole protocol" looks the most accurate for mark 4. I am working on a model of that one right now, not very far though.

Last edited by a moderator:
redragon74 said:

Bungie's probably going to kill me for showing you guys this top secret picture, but it's about time the public saw this.

Mk1-1.jpg

Good luck modeling it.

redragon74 said:
mk4 has been done i have em but i dont feel like uploading em at the moment ill upload em later if anyone wants em

Please upload them soon i personally like them and it would be helpful to many

Those old concept pics are no longer valid in the cannon. The new Mk IV's look a lot more like the Mk V especially in the helmet.

thumb160x_2796067789_6a47d7f793.jpg

Sigma-LS said:
Those old concept pics are no longer valid in the cannon. The new Mk IV's look a lot more like the Mk V especially in the helmet.

thumb160x_2796067789_6a47d7f793.jpg
Seeing as the game isn't out yet, declaring something "Un-cannon" is a bit silly. The Cole Protocol book has a similar, yet different helmet (As compared to the "concept render" at the top of this topic)... What gives the game precedence over the book? After all, RTS graphics are incredibly shoddy compared to a sizable drawing, by a skilled artist. EDIT: Forgot to put in that "Perhaps the cover of the box doesn't necessarily reflect a change in the in-game model, presenting a conflict in itself."

even if the MkIV isnt the same as the 1s on the cover of halowars i would still like to build that helm it looks awesome. gooberz are ya still gonna continue making the model (pep file)..i hope you finish it. it might well be a concept model and not featured in the game but its still a spartan variant and thus still rocks. and also i have found other cover art that is very different from the above posts....i dont know if its the official art but here it is anyways....

Gooberz said:
Seeing as the game isn't out yet, declaring something "Un-cannon" is a bit silly. The Cole Protocol book has a similar, yet different helmet (As compared to the "concept render" at the top of this topic)... What gives the game precedence over the book? After all, RTS graphics are incredibly shoddy compared to a sizable drawing, by a skilled artist. EDIT: Forgot to put in that "Perhaps the cover of the box doesn't necessarily reflect a change in the in-game model, presenting a conflict in itself."

The cover was based on the game renders which changed because people were saying "That looks like a clunkier Mk VI. If all the armors are successive iterations then WTF did the Mk V design come from?" So the models were changed to reflect the Mk V being the next step (It was shown in a featured article in Xbox magazine a couple months back.). Not that cannon means much as we've seen from star wars.

And RTS shoddy graphics? Do you really think Ensemble is not going to have spartans in any HD cutscenes? ;)

It's also possible that there are multiple armor varients like Halo 3. I think the version on my pic makes much more sense when you consider the next step is the armor in Halo 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back