Mark 6 - First build - Trying to fit in

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sir, are giving me cause for excitement! I will watch this build with much interest. Plz get more foam soon so I have humor to read once again! Also, the helmet higher up looks freaking amazing!
Thanks for your support! It means a lot to me! Now, for the humouring part, hope the title of my last chapter makes this song play in your head on repeat!

Have a good one! ❤️ Jazz it up a little, let yourself go, it's good for your soul

Thanks for your support! It means a lot to me! Now, for the humouring part, hope the title of my last chapter makes this song play in your head on repeat!

Have a good one! ❤️ Jazz it up a little, let yourself go, it's good for your soul
Aw crap, now it's stuck!! ;)

- INTERMISSION -
In my country, there is a saying. It goes like this ,,If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans". Stuff was wild over here in Czech Republic for me. The usual, exams at university, vaccinations, summer jobs, oh, and a fricking tornado. Things are slowly starting to get better and I'll totally resume my build. At the end of July there is a con in Prague and I'm gonna enter a contest with my cosplay of Ezio Auditore (wearing the Armor of Altaïr). If I manage to get a chance to transfer my suit, it would be very nice to give my Chief a little outing, too. I could say that once I get back in my rebuilt workshop (bigger, better, stronger), it'll be a piece of cake! Expect more soon :p Thanks for sticking around ❤️
Be well

Looking good so far! I love seeing that transition from first forearm attempt to second. That's huge progress! Hang in there. If you get hung up just move on to another piece. Things can start to look right when they are next to something else and remember the 5ft rule. (You see everything 1 foot away. Everyone else sees it from 5 feet. They don't see the mistakes that you see.)

Looking great! Helmets are always really hard to make out of foam (I avoid them like no tomorrow). The difference in your skills from the first piece to the most recent is crazy though!

hey this thing is coming along, pro tip from someone who hates making halo 4 master chief helmet: get this half helm and foam fabricate the rest Verify your identity
If you're going that route sax, why not just get the full helmet?

While we don't put people down for buying Halo Costumes, we should encourage them to build whenever possible.

If you're going that route sax, why not just get the full helmet?

While we don't put people down for buying Halo Costumes, we should encourage them to build whenever possible.
yeah that's just what I did because I was feeling lazy and had it laying around

This is so cool! You've been doing an amazing job with how intricate these pieces are, it's really amazing to see your hard work and dedication to this suit. I too have a love hate relationship with cosplay, I sewed up a whole costume which took me months but I'm already thinking of starting over.

This is so cool! You've been doing an amazing job with how intricate these pieces are, it's really amazing to see your hard work and dedication to this suit. I too have a love hate relationship with cosplay, I sewed up a whole costume which took me months but I'm already thinking of starting over.
Haha, sorry for the delay! Guess who's back...
So last weekend I finally got my mega project out of the way and now it is finally time to regain my sanity shattered from sewing. See for yourself:
FB_IMG_1627824390067.jpg

credits for the photo: Michal Svojanovský
So I started working on the torso. Stuff got out of hand, the lower back killed me. After many many hours of work I finally got it done!
IMG_20210805_200005520.jpg

And since I was on a spree, I did the upper back, too, the thingy above the never used jetpack.
16281865930466072096109359084845.jpg

Since I was at a con, I am overflowing with motivation to get stuff done.
The only sad thing is that it was mainly an anime convention, so few people actually recognized my Ezio Auditore cosplay and that I finished in the worse half. But I like it and the ones who actually know about videogames are losing their minds and I try to concentrate on that. :)
How is it with you and conventions? When I am wearing a costume and I see someone wearing cosplay of the same character which is better, I mostly try to sneak past them out of embarrassment. Some people like my work, too. And, well, shame, embarrassment and anger are good fuels to push you forward. Almost like love, liberty and time...

Have a good one, folks.

Honestly, I soldier through, but the lower parts of the body are making me very nervous. Calves and thighs, mostly. We'll see when I get there . Sanding and filling gaps is going to be brain-numbingly boring. But I should pretty soon start saving up for primers (I use Hexflex black for priming. I might even spring for Plastidip, though) and the colours for airbrush. I like the Vallejo colours, but nothing is as close to Chief as I would like. I might have to play alchemist and mix it myself. If you have any suggestions for the paintjob, let me know!

Honestly, I soldier through, but the lower parts of the body are making me very nervous. Calves and thighs, mostly. We'll see when I get there . Sanding and filling gaps is going to be brain-numbingly boring. But I should pretty soon start saving up for primers (I use Hexflex black for priming. I might even spring for Plastidip, though) and the colours for airbrush. I like the Vallejo colours, but nothing is as close to Chief as I would like. I might have to play alchemist and mix it myself. If you have any suggestions for the paintjob, let me know!
would this work? Vallejo Model Air Numbers from 71001 to 71107

I have these. For my birthday, my uncle gave me like 120 Vallejo colours (a cool guy, really got into Warhammer and once he stopped he got a ton of paint left). My uncle was really into Warhammer and military models so I have a ton of US military colours which might canonically make at least a little bit sense Worst case scenario, I'll mix some olive with light green and call it a day

Hey, I'd like to dedicate this post to Christiane Louise. Awesome Mercy and great Cortana. I can't even describe how angry I am feeling. Not sad, mostly angry.
Remember Reach. And her, too.

Have a good one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back