Mark V(B) Operator Build (First wearable prop)

blafftat

For the past few weeks I have been planning, financing, and brainstorming ideas for a spartan suit. I have ordered 80^2 ft. of 10mm EVA foam, and I have collected supplies that were listed in various tutorials. Although I only have the templates for the helmet printed, I'll be printing more of them throughout the week. Process of construction will be slow because of school and such but I'll still have priority directly after it. If anyone has any tips or advice that they would've needed on their first build, please reply! It is appreciated.

I made a few little doodles for inspiration. It was part of my design process.

Attachments

• IMG_1238.jpg
    IMG_1238.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 79
Your sketches look super cool! I can’t wait to see how your build goes.

If you need any help with your build I’d love to see how I can help!

Pre-visualization is super important so having a sketch up drawn is great!

I did 3D printed parts, but one hurdle I found which may be the same for foam was to figure out how to harness correctly to strap each piece to myself. I would try thinking of that as you build each part so it’s more comfortable and easier to put on.

Best of luck to you! It’s always a grueling process for a whole suit, but it’ll pay off at the end!

Love your sketch bro! I love it when people do operator armor, it's just one of those suits that is just so cool. Keep brainstorming those ideas too, like the hip knife and tac pad, little things like that add character and personality to your spartan.

I like it! Starting with the helmet is pretty ambitious, so be careful. Helmets can be a pain.

With foam, keep your razors sharp and make solid, single cuts, try to avoid sawing back and forth.

As for strapping, I've found that each person has their own way of doing things, be it straps or snaps or velcro or a combination of different things. It's not a huge deal once you get it figured out however you do it. By far it is more time consuming to create the pieces themselves.

I like the idea of the knife on the leg, that's cool.

Keep up the work and keep us posted.

Pre-visualization is super important so having a sketch up drawn is great!

I did 3D printed parts, but one hurdle I found which may be the same for foam was to figure out how to harness correctly to strap each piece to myself. I would try thinking of that as you build each part so it’s more comfortable and easier to put on.

Best of luck to you! It’s always a grueling process for a whole suit, but it’ll pay off at the end!
Thanks a lot for that! I really didnt think of the strapping stuff at all when i was designing my armor. I'll be sure to do something about it when the time comes.

Love your sketch bro! I love it when people do operator armor, it's just one of those suits that is just so cool. Keep brainstorming those ideas too, like the hip knife and tac pad, little things like that add character and personality to your spartan.
I really wanna make my spartans utilities generally useful too, so i was gonna make the tac pad hollow so i could put my phone or something in!

Your sketches are very impressive! Only bit of advice I’ve got is take your time. While it make take a while it’ll look much better if you are careful about the process. Also do he afraid to entirely rebuild parts. It’ll all be worth it in the end, good luck!

This thread is more than 6 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back