Mark VI Forearms Question/Problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShelbyFTW

I've been lurking this forum for about a week now. I've read the majority of the stickies. At least all the ones that apply to what I've been looking for. I'm just having a little scaling issue.

I'm attempting to pep Mark VI forearms (by Robogenisis). I'm having a lot of trouble with fitting my hands into the wrist hole. I have very skinny arms and small hands. I scaled it based on the height of my arm ~30cm (wrist to a little above the elbow). I just don't want to scale it too large because as I said, I'm a pretty small person (~5'5"), and it'll look really goofy if I have bulky Pop-eye arms. D:

I've read almost all of the scaling threads. I'm not making any measuring mistakes as far as I've noticed. I'm going by their instructions. I'm just kind of curious as to know how many people have had to modify their forearms to be able to fit their hands into the wrist holes properly, and what kind of modifications they made so they can comfortably put on their forearms.

I had to dremel out the openings a bit to get my hands through (at a slight angle with some squeezing). Although, I adjusted the scale by about 1 cm shorter than my height since the originals extended halfway up my upper arm.

I've been lurking this forum for about a week now. I've read the majority of the stickies. At least all the ones that apply to what I've been looking for. I'm just having a little scaling issue.

I'm attempting to pep Mark VI forearms (by Robogenisis). I'm having a lot of trouble with fitting my hands into the wrist hole. I have very skinny arms and small hands. I scaled it based on the height of my arm ~30cm (wrist to a little above the elbow). I just don't want to scale it too large because as I said, I'm a pretty small person (~5'5"), and it'll look really goofy if I have bulky Pop-eye arms. D:

I've read almost all of the scaling threads. I'm not making any measuring mistakes as far as I've noticed. I'm going by their instructions. I'm just kind of curious as to know how many people have had to modify their forearms to be able to fit their hands into the wrist holes properly, and what kind of modifications they made so they can comfortably put on their forearms.

look here mate.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/7138-Thorssoli's-MkVI-Costume-Buildup/page54

Thorssoli's build.

probabably one of the best step by step builds around, and no doubt you will get other idea's if you start at the beginning of the thread.
Images you need are on post # 535

Basically though, Thorssoli made a detail insert that slipped in at the wrist.

I had to dremel out the openings a bit to get my hands through (at a slight angle with some squeezing). Although, I adjusted the scale by about 1 cm shorter than my height since the originals extended halfway up my upper arm.
I'm probably going to do something along the lines of this because it seems like the easiest thing to do.

look here mate.
http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/7138-Thorssoli's-MkVI-Costume-Buildup/page54

Thorssoli's build.

probabably one of the best step by step builds around, and no doubt you will get other idea's if you start at the beginning of the thread.
Images you need are on post # 535

Basically though, Thorssoli made a detail insert that slipped in at the wrist.
O_O I wish I was skilled enough to be able to make something that nice looking.
Thank you very much for the thread link. :D

The dremel one works well, Just built mine a little large, taped off the hole end and poured it in. then dremel'd out the end to fit my hand. This of course was after making 8 different sizes of forearms.

The dremel one works well, Just built mine a little large, taped off the hole end and poured it in. then dremel'd out the end to fit my hand. This of course was after making 8 different sizes of forearms.

That's what I wanted to avoid doing. I already made one, but it was way too small. I feel bad for the trees when I use so much paper just for it to be thrown away. D:

That's what I wanted to avoid doing. I already made one, but it was way too small. I feel bad for the trees when I use so much paper just for it to be thrown away. D:

I doubt that a few pages of cardstock are the main environmental sin of anybody here. Just think of the resin. The paint. Your car, TV, computer, light, fridge, dishwasher, ...

I doubt that a few pages of cardstock are the main environmental sin of anybody here. Just think of the resin. The paint. Your car, TV, computer, light, fridge, dishwasher, ...

/cries. I'm an environmentally unfriendly monster! D;
Thank you for that though. Even with saying that I still feel bad because I don't like wasting supplies. :(
You're right though, it happens, and I'm sure it'll happen more as I haven't really gotten very far pep building wise. >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back