Mark VI MJOLNIR Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
CHEST PIECE!

DSC00846_zps1932aa63.jpg

DSC00847_zpsee87de69.jpg

If you look at this, It kind of looks like someone carved "Dan" Into the armor, on the left pectoral area, left not wearing it. That looks really cool for an accident!
DSC00848_zps5dab13a8.jpg

Fake scratches = a false equation, but it still looks just SO GOOD!
DSC00849_zps66ad5760.jpg

DSC00850_zpsb0182dfa.jpg

DSC00851_zpsbd81acc5.jpg

Added some details to the back, rather than just leaving it with nothing, I think I did a good job, do you?
DSC00852_zpsf73ae687.jpg

DSC00853_zpsf1159362.jpg

DSC00854_zps45f8ca41.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And Finally...The HELMET! The part that I adore so much!

If you notice around the edges of the visor, there is black silicon to seal off any visible areas into the helmet.
DSC00863_zps581727ea.jpg

DSC00864_zps6ec76021.jpg

DSC00865_zps021c62bf.jpg

DSC00866_zpsa9dccc06.jpg

Visor is taped off, because it is not ready just yet!
DSC00867_zpsde4cc641.jpg

The inside top padding for the helmet.
DSC00868_zps0b471096.jpg

It looks like it has quite a snug fit into the helmet, I need to see where it will stay in place in, so that it doesn't tilt to far one way.
DSC00869_zps310132fc.jpg

DSC00870_zps3c6e334f.jpg

There are no LEDs or anything like that just yet, but I will hopefully get those in either before, or after NYCC, regardless, I just think this whole suit of armor came out really good for the first one that a 14 year old made.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey maybe I'll see you at NYCC! I'll be in my Tex suit. Good job on your first build! Keep it up! :)

No way! Dude! I saw your thing on roosterteeths page for the Comic Con Event! Oh my god! Your armor is awesome! And I find this so awesome that I saw you on the roosterteeth page before here! I hope to see you there!

No way! Dude! I saw your thing on roosterteeths page for the Comic Con Event! Oh my god! Your armor is awesome! And I find this so awesome that I saw you on the roosterteeth page before here! I hope to see you there!

Thanks a lot! I'm very humbled :) Quick question... how did you harden all of the pieces? Also nice paint, you could pass off as Sarge from RvB!

The way that I hardened the pieces was a little modified: What I did was fiberglass resin the outsides of all of them, then adhered fiberglass matting on the insides, cutting off any edges that stick out of the pieces, then resined the cloth, and for the primer, I used an epoxy primer, brushed on, that reinforced the armor to withstand certain temperatures, and make it harder, on both the inside and outside. And just sanded off any sharp edges that stuck out, or were sharp. No bondo though :p

And with the sarge thing, that was exactly what I was thinking when I chose red! But sadly, I have no shotgun :(

The way that I hardened the pieces was a little modified: What I did was fiberglass resin the outsides of all of them, then adhered fiberglass matting on the insides, cutting off any edges that stick out of the pieces, then resined the cloth, and for the primer, I used an epoxy primer, brushed on, that reinforced the armor to withstand certain temperatures, and make it harder, on both the inside and outside. And just sanded off any sharp edges that stuck out, or were sharp. No bondo though :p

And with the sarge thing, that was exactly what I was thinking when I chose red! But sadly, I have no shotgun :(

Hmm very interesting :) . Are you stopping by the roosterteeth booth at NYCC? Michael and Ray are going to be there! Also, I have no weapon either, but Tex just uses her fists anyways! LOL! Do you have an RT account?

Hmm very interesting :) . Are you stopping by the roosterteeth booth at NYCC? Michael and Ray are going to be there! Also, I have no weapon either, but Tex just uses her fists anyways! LOL! Do you have an RT account?

Wow I am slow at replying! Yes! I will try to find my way to the roosterteeth booth seeing that this will be my first appearance at NYCC, but my father has been there before, but not for Comic Con. ANd I do have a rooster teeth account it is strangely: Shady Smell. I commented on the event page, so I should be easy to find. :D And what do you do at booths and stuff? I know that I will be going into a pannel for Halo 4 though.

Wow I am slow at replying! Yes! I will try to find my way to the roosterteeth booth seeing that this will be my first appearance at NYCC, but my father has been there before, but not for Comic Con. ANd I do have a rooster teeth account it is strangely: Shady Smell. I commented on the event page, so I should be easy to find. :D And what do you do at booths and stuff? I know that I will be going into a pannel for Halo 4 though.

Hmm I'm unsure of what to do at booths. This will be my first time at a con also! Dont see many 14 year olds making armor!

To be honest i didnt think this would turn out so great. i guess im now more convinced to finish my armor aswell ( i was bondoing my ass off )

Thank you for ur motivation and i didnt to be mean its just i thought the low level detail wouldnt make it that beatiful but damn dude the paint made the job ! Really nice!

To be honest i didnt think this would turn out so great. i guess im now more convinced to finish my armor aswell ( i was bondoing my ass off )

Thank you for ur motivation and i didnt to be mean its just i thought the low level detail wouldnt make it that beatiful but damn dude the paint made the job ! Really nice!

Wow! Thanks! I hope your armor turns out better than mine! ;)

Wow! Thanks! I hope your armor turns out better than mine! ;)

Dude u can be proud of urs aswell. im kinda sick atm witht he whole school stress to make it . and now im waiting for the delivery from usa (suspenders and belt ) to finish.

But i hope u didnt take it in the wrong direction i do love ur armor and could u explain me how u painted it in that way? :O

Dude u can be proud of urs aswell. im kinda sick atm witht he whole school stress to make it . and now im waiting for the delivery from usa (suspenders and belt ) to finish.

But i hope u didnt take it in the wrong direction i do love ur armor and could u explain me how u painted it in that way? :O

Oh I didn't take that in a wrong way at all! I am actually happy that I "acceded expectations"! But the way I painted the armor is quite interesting, what I did was:

- I rolled on epoxy primer to give it that realism look on the base coat, and gave it two coats of that, then I just sprayed on paint that wouldn't react to the primer!
And if you mean the dirty look it has, then I just used brush on black paint that contained lead, or something like that, and just took a non lint rag and just rubbed it off, but sometimes it would react to the paint if it cures as I rub it off, and gives some areas a SICK look! But its bad for the armor.

Oh I didn't take that in a wrong way at all! I am actually happy that I "acceded expectations"! But the way I painted the armor is quite interesting, what I did was:

- I rolled on epoxy primer to give it that realism look on the base coat, and gave it two coats of that, then I just sprayed on paint that wouldn't react to the primer!
And if you mean the dirty look it has, then I just used brush on black paint that contained lead, or something like that, and just took a non lint rag and just rubbed it off, but sometimes it would react to the paint if it cures as I rub it off, and gives some areas a SICK look! But its bad for the armor.

Do you have any link for that epoxy primer for that look? i couldnt find it here in austria . would be really awesome ! :)
Ok im glad that u took it right =D

Actually, the primer that was used is really, well, costly I guess, it is made to paint boilers so that the paint takes a certain heat, but I am not sure where It is from, I will ask my father because he had it already, and I will see if there is another way to get the paint to look like that, because you don't need that exact primer I'd assume, but I will get back and tell you when I get the information, hopefully within the hour! Because he is at work currently, but don't worry, I will see if there is a way around it, unless you want that exact primer, I'd assume it is at a hardware store that sells paints, but I will confirm that later today most likely!

Actually, the primer that was used is really, well, costly I guess, it is made to paint boilers so that the paint takes a certain heat, but I am not sure where It is from, I will ask my father because he had it already, and I will see if there is another way to get the paint to look like that, because you don't need that exact primer I'd assume, but I will get back and tell you when I get the information, hopefully within the hour! Because he is at work currently, but don't worry, I will see if there is a way around it, unless you want that exact primer, I'd assume it is at a hardware store that sells paints, but I will confirm that later today most likely!

Mate im not in a rush. but thank you for ur fast help :) i appreciate that ! :)just write it when u know it . :)

I sure hope it won't be long, if they have it there, I will play until the controller breaks, or until I am told that I can't any longer :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back