Mark Vi Visor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cerickson

OK so people keep saying to not start a new topic. Frankly i Don't really care. I've been searching for hours, trying to find something that explains how to make a visor for my Mark VI helmet so i wouldn't have to start a new topic. So I've said screw it. I want to have a red mirrored tint on the visor to go with the black paint. Any help? Please?

Replacement motorcycle helmet faceplates. Some folks vacu-form thier own visors, but im not sure about homemade mirrored tint. Im surprized you didnt find anything on the forums. There are tons of solutions and methods out there.

I don't think there's an actual way to make a MIRRORED surface visor right now, that's commercially available and still comparatively cheap. However, there was a tutorial by a guy named "redshirt", basically goes through how to make a visor you can KIND of see out from, but definitely not into.

Also keep in mind that this tutorial is for a gold-coloured visor, if you want a red tint you're going to have to figure out your own paint mixes, add on top of that getting access to an airbrush if you don't have one already as well as an air compressor.

If you wanna give it a shot though, here's the link to the tutorial:

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18292&st=0&p=292152&#entry292152

Good luck!

Soulcaster said:
OK so people keep saying to not start a new topic. Frankly i Don't really care. I've been searching for hours, trying to find something that explains how to make a visor for my Mark VI helmet so i wouldn't have to start a new topic. So I've said screw it. I want to have a red mirrored tint on the visor to go with the black paint. Any help? Please?

Fair enough how to make a visor... But how to you fit them to the helmets? Has anyone got any information or links on how to fit a visor?

Your help would be much appreciated!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
as for attatching, most people just get a nice fit and velcro it in. I have seen at least one or two people attach bolt hardware to the inside of their helmet and mount it that way. There are plenty of ways to make a helmet suitable for paintball. But after looking around, you'll find every project is different, and its best to just try it out and go with your own design.

Do not make a helmet for paintball. That being said some resin/JB wield/epoxy and a small nut and bolt will do the trick nicely. Heck for the ultra low rent method use hot glue, I can't verify if it would work on our large visors but it works well for Stormtroopers.

Wow wait, hotglue for a VISOR? PLEASE tell me how! I want to do a clone or stormie in the future and...

Any local moto dealer would have them and the color ones from a shop are going to run you around $50 to $70. Hope this helps

Hay i found this red tinted plexiglass, you could heat it up and bend it.

LINK

RedPlex02.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back