1st Build Marrows MK7 spartan

MarrowofStar

Jr Member
I first encountered the 405th at Summercon 23’ in Washington state. I got my hands on a booklet and realized a lot of the skills I acquired from creating custom mandalorians allowed me to make a full custom spartan. This thread will (hopefully) document my progress and experiences going through it!

To start my build I decided to spend time figuring out what I wanted to make, so with blender on one screen and Halo Infinite on the other I made a rough concept, then started to jot down notes on stuff I wanted to include. I settled on making a hybrid suit so I would have the ability to sit down comfortably without worrying about cracking a print, while also having the rigidity of 3D printed parts for the rest of the items.

I first printed an Anubis helmet, had a bad layer shift part way through, but I let it complete so I could get an idea for size and how much space is in the cheek. The helmet was to small, and I wasn't satisfied with the "chin" space, or the shape. (didn't quite match the 'vibe' of my armour) so I decided to do the ISR helmet, which closer matches my vibe and has better chin space for what I plan on doing.
(Ill upload photos of stuff once i like, get around to taking photos)

So far i have printed:
Knees
Knives (no sheaths yet lmao)
most of my helmet.

I plan on making my thigh armour out of foam so I can sit down, as well as parts of my belt. I have a decent bit of 1/2 inch EVA foam that i plan on using, but i need to modify some patterns based off of the sheer thickness of the foam, I think.
Ill try to keep this thread updated with my progress

This thread is more than 9 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back