Mass Effect Terminus Helmet/Armor Build (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFX

My first project is the Mass Effect Terminus helmet. I just need to do a little more spot puttying/ filling to get everything as perfect as I can. This is where my OCD really kicks in...

DSCN0589.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
DSCN0590.jpg
DSCN0591.jpg
DSCN0597.jpg
DSCN0598.jpg
DSCN0600.jpg
DSCN0602.jpg
DSCN0603.jpg
DSCN0601.jpg

The terminus helm is one of my favourites. In fact it was the first helmet I ever pep'd, though I did use standard paper and pva glue so it warped , I still have it sitting around.

Great job there,

It is a great build! I wasn't mocking your work on it, believe me...

It must be a combination of the original design from ME and the color it's currently in that made me think of that other character.

I meant no insult or offense... But I had to share...if only to get it out of my skull.

I gotcha. The primer and the angle of the pic DO look like the other character. Is that the old-school juggernaut from X-Men?

I've already gone through a tube of the spot putty. I figure maybe another half a tube and it'll be good enough to start the mold for castings. Thanks for your input! Nice to see the 405th isn't dead like RPF. It's a ghost town over there...

Here's some vids of the pep process and glassing (w/out fiberglass). I'll go ahead and add them to the thread just for S&Gs.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is some gorgeous work. I wish I had more OCD...I have the opposite problem. The lazy one.
Thanks for the videos. I love seeing other people's work process.

Damn, that is some nice paintwork on the lines! It looks great, I can't wait to see it finished. :D

that helm just keeps getting better. Imagine if it was el wire
You know, I have some red EL wire, but am just scared to install it on the master helmet. Once I get a casting completed, I will definitely try it. And I thought I was the only one thinking of using EL wire...

Well I thought either el wire or a reflective paint of some kind. The armour in game stands out quite a bit and either method could give the desired effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back