Master Chief MJOLNIR MkVI Armour Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean the Bob

Hi all,
I've been looking around the 405th for some time now, but I've only just got around to making a profile :p

I've been working on my own Master Chief MJOLNIR armour for quite some time now, below are some pictures of the progress so far.

Here are some photos of the pep work:

Chief15.jpg

Chief19.jpg

Chief18.jpg

Chief17.jpg

Chief16.jpg

Impressive first post. Your pep work looks super clean from what I can tell, what method do you plan to use to harden it?

Thanks Darkrider9, I've been using resin and fibreglass to harden it, I'm already at the point of using bondo on the parts, I'll upload further pics of that soon.

Here are some pictures of the resining and glassing stage:

2.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

This next picture shows the hole cut for the switch that will switch the helmet lights on and off.

3.jpg

Nice work! I love laying the pieces out like that. There is just something satisfying about seeing the pep work complete like that.

Big win for actually modeling in the chest damage. That detail will make a huge difference in the final piece.

Eager to see your paint up, the battle damage will be quite something judging by the indents you have on the chest!

Thanks for all the comments, I wanted to make my armour as close as possible to the Chief in the game so the battle damage was a must, I used the Halo encyclopedia as a reference for where the damage was on the chest.

This update shows more or less where alot of the parts are in terms of progress.

The codpiece was split into 4 different sections, it will be made to be worn like a belt.

14.jpg

15.jpg

11.jpg

The chest has also been spilt in two parts:

12.jpg

13.jpg

The shin was split and will fit together around the leg, I've started to use bondo on it:

3-1.jpg

Here are some more parts in the process of being smoothed:

6-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

9.jpg

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

I removed the inner ridges from the thigh, as it was a little tight and they were uncomfortable, these will be replaced with foam sections.

7-1.jpg

Speaking of foam, this arrived at the door this morning :)

16.jpg

Thats all for now, hopefully there should be more updates soon.

Just a small update for today, did more bondo work on the forearm and managed to get a coat of primer on. There is still more work to be done to it, but its starting to get there, just nice to see a part that isnt white for once :p

2-2.jpg

1-2.jpg

I have also started to bondo the front of the chest.

3-2.jpg

Hopefully there will be more progress next week.

Wow this is coming together very fast and still manages to bring a high caliber of quality! I'd say you are doing pretty good so far! Bondo work looks very smooth and I am eager to see what you do regarding the battle damage.

I love the battle damage idea, and so far your bondo-ing skills are amazing! Keep up the good work so I can motivate myself to continue on!

Hey, thanks for all the comments! I can see the battle damage idea is proving popular :p

Sadly there has been no progress over the past few days, hopefully there should be some soon.

In the meantime, here are some other parts I have for the armour:

The gloves (the paintball tags will be removed):

3-3.jpg

2-3.jpg

Here are the electronics. The 2 fans are for inside the helmet, the white LEDs also for the helmet and the blue LEDs for the other lights around the suit. The black boxes are 9V battery packs (more will be required) and the little black thing is the switch to turn the helmet lights on and off.

1-3.jpg

Another update, although progress has been slow recently.

The back half of the shin and the left thigh have had a coat of primer, there are still some touch ups to be done on these parts:

1-4.jpg

2-4.jpg

3-4.jpg

4-2.jpg

The front of the shin should be ready for a coat of primer soon:

5-2.jpg

Hopefully more progress soon, weather and time permitting.

Just a quick update, no pictures this time though. Most of the recent work done hasn't had much impact visually, mostly just strengthening the right thigh and the back of the chest with more fibreglass. Some bondo work has been done, I will take more photos when more remarkable process has been made.

Quick progress update, the back of the waist piece has been bondoed and primed:

1-5.jpg

Also some bondo progress on the front of the chest and front of the codpiece:

3-5.jpg

2-5.jpg

Great progress man. Your bondo and sanding is coming along fantastic. Your getting some nice clean planes and sharp edges. Keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back