Masterchief not in halo movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halo isnt all about masterchief just because you play as him every game. It's like saying megaman games arent just megaman games if you dont play as the or original megaman. I think he would have made a good main character, but make his visor crack off or his helmet be taken off, i would like to see his face, Or him die as a sad ending, you know....to make him a sub character.

The Halo movie is still in limbo... no it isn't currently being produced. Only reason Joe Staten would have let anything slip about it is if it doesn't look like it's going to be made, or if the script's been thrown out altogether.

You never know, they could come out this summer and just release a trailer. there have been movies of the past which came out by surprise.

"INTRODUCING, THE HALO MOVIE! (mc not included)"

Halo.Bungie.Org said:
MC - support staff
Interesting - N'Gai Croal posted a tidbit today that came from an interview with Joe Staten last summer, in which Joe made it clear that the script of the Halo movie, currently on hiatus but not dead, had pushed the Master Chief into an important (but still secondary) supporting role. Go read why! Thanks to Anton P. Nym, who also pointed out an interesting, though not heavily Halo-related, article about WETA studios over at The Escapist. (Louis Wu 21:00:41 UTC)

Here is the actual post from HBO, Joe said those things over 6 months ago.

Here is the link to the entire interview: http://blog.newsweek.com/blogs/levelup/arc...iew-part-i.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes sense not to have the Chief as the main character. I hope they go by the books vs. the game. Looks like the main character could be significant hurtle for the movie. Maybe the Doc, Sarge, Cortona, Keyes,......hum o_O :unsure:

I think Keyes (Jacob, not Miranda) would make a good main character: Fall of Reach begins in his POV, and it works. The Flood has him being infected from his POV, and it works. I think it would do a good job expanding the story a bit, as we know a lot more centered around the Master Chief, and less atround the other characters.

I guess it kind of makes sense. The Chief better be a very close second to the main character though, because the Halo trilogy is centered around the Chief. I agree that Halo shouldn't be another Doom; we need to see some emotion, an actual plot (Bungie did good there), character development, etc. This thing is going to be epic if it's done right. Think 300 meets Band of Brothers, plus awesome dark side rising type dramtic edge. A number of scenes could be re-made cutscenes (like live-action/CGI combo from the ground-up; not just remastered cutscenes).

This movie has so many possibilities; I hope if it's made it doesn't get screwed up.

P.S.: What would happen if Epic gets the Gears of Wars movie made? That'd be one sick standoff.

what ever they do I just hope they dont throw all 3 games in one movie because there is a ton of information in all three games and there is no way to tell it in one movie without making it suck.

My idea:
Told from no ones perspective. No main character. You see the stories from MC's perspective, a Marine's perspective, then Keyes (Jacob)'s perspective. The first movie should be FoR+Halo 1
Second should be pre-Halo 2+Halo 2
Third should be pre-Halo 3+Halo 3

90% of communication is done through nonverbal actions, whether they be facial, physical movements, and what not.
Master Chief never takes up his helmet and speaks very little, so that narrows it down to about 70%. However, if Cortana is in the game, she could do her half of the dialogue and let the viewers assume what it is that Master Chief said. Of course, that would imply that Cortana and Chief have some sort of telepathic connection. Either way, it would be a good backup.

Eh, i dont know about you guys but to me the movie seems to have lost some greatness. I wanted to see it for the Chief, and see him as the main character but now that he isnt going to be iono it dosnt seem as exciting. The movie will be good, but it will be just another action movie. The chief is what takes the movie to the next level

I think it's a great idea. I mean, you have the Chief's perspective through ALL the games. Why would I want to just have more of that? There are so many other stories and points of view to see. I haven't read any of the books, but I think MC as a strong supporting character is a fantastic decision. Also, I think a script based on one of the game story lines would be a horrible idea. Once again, we KNOW what happens in the games. We've played them. Bring me a whole new experience with the movie.

After reading the books and being addicted to the games for your years, it would be great if the had three movies that follow the books, and three more movies that go to the end of the game. Heck, Lucas did it and is still making big bucks off of the Star Wars series.

PLEASE FOR PETESAKES NO DOOM MOVIE. That thing was aweful.

I dunno if anyone else said this... V for Vendetta just came to mind. I wonder if it'll be that kind of dynamic. V was a wonderful character and I know MC isn't exactly a Shakespear fan, maybe if they get someone who's a Hugo Weaving calibur actor, it could be pretty well done and he had Evey to play off of, so maybe one of the Keyes or Cortana are one of the leads? Could be interesting :)

Skullcandy Girl said:
I dunno if anyone else said this... V for Vendetta just came to mind. I wonder if it'll be that kind of dynamic. V was a wonderful character and I know MC isn't exactly a Shakespear fan, maybe if they get someone who's a Hugo Weaving calibur actor, it could be pretty well done and he had Evey to play off of, so maybe one of the Keyes or Cortana are one of the leads? Could be interesting :)

The Doom movie comes to mind when I think of this debate. The Sarge, main character was actually turned into a secondary "main" character. The focus was on a team, then narrowed down to Sarge and the new star Reaper.

If they did I double main character they could make it rock!

Yeah Doom to me Was RE on mars.... BOOOOOO! Even though I didn't mind The Rock *droooooooooooooooooool*:notworthy: Doom was shitacious.

Then again, how they hell are they working on the movie when the writers are striking? They can't re-write anything...
Only the directors have reached an agreement with the studios.

Skullcandy Girl said:

I agree. Think of Terminator and Robocop too. Both Arnie and the dude who played Robocop were the title characters but weren't exactly main chars. Both of them played off other more human chars that had more dialog to flesh it out. And it worked! There's no reason why it couldn't work here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back