Maverick 17's Jorge build. (not going to make halloween but...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello 405th. been working on a little something. I've got a Jorge build in the works and figured i should start a thread not only to share my progress but so i would have motivation to work on it so i can post progress reports. So far, i am in the process of shaping the armor. it started as a purely pep project, but in the middle of it, i fell in love with cardboard. I was lucky enough to get the chaingun files from Acehigh i believe it was before they were taken down, but after scaling it a bit more proportionate to me, and printing off every piece, i decided to go with cardboard. don't ask me why, but i did. Also, I have learned that 2 liter (and 3 liter) soda bottles are priceless in this hobby.
First i'll describe my baby. my favorite part of this project. the chaingun. I love it! It is mostly cardboard and the cylinder parts on the back are a 3 and 2 liter soda bottle hacked up and glued together. I made it so the barrel disconnects from the boxy part of the barrel, which disconnects from the heat shield, which disconnects from the main body, and the magazine disconnects. the method used to hold it all together? soda bottle tops. I cut the top of the soda bottle off and cut a hole in the cardboard just big enough to fit over the threads and put the cap on to hold it in place. works like a dream. the box on the back of the clip is hinged somewhat to open so i can access the bottle cap on the inside of it and is held shut by magnets.
The helmet and shins are pepakura , and the visor is a soda bottle visor made by cutting the top and bottom off of a 2 liter, cutting the remaining cylinder and laying it flat, and laying the pepakura visor pieces over it, tracing with fine point sharpie, and cutting them out, minus tabs, then carefully hot glueing them together.it gives you the lines of the visor and naturally bends to make fitting it to the helmet much easier, so long as you lay the parts to where when assembled, the bend will match that of the visor.
The torso made me want to cry. mostly because it took me and 2 friends a full day of cutting... (with frequent game breaks) to cut out then me an entire day to assemble, only to find it a tad small. but i was gonna go with it. but i learned a lesson and heres the warning label ::: WARNING: NEVER SPRAY SPRAY-ON BEDLINER DIRECTLY ONTO A PEPAKURA PART. ESPECIALLY IF IT IS GOING TO RAIN WHEN YOU LEAVE IT OUT TO CURE OVERNIGHT. ::: so yeah. the piece went pancake and the bedliner failed. Now i have a cardboard torso and the cylinder on the front is empty ducktape rolls covered with plastic from a... you guessed it. 2 liter. to make it smooth. then the ends are thin cardboard. I haven't decided how im going to do the little shield doohickey on the left side.
I made the codpiece too big. WAY too big. I have like 3 inches of wiggle room in that thing, and im a big guy. it looks like spartans now have a new armor varient for when they're older (if they live that long) MJOLNIR: Depends, spartan diapers. I don't know what im going to do with it.
I plan to do Jorges left shoulder using yet again 2 liter bottles, and the right shoulder with cardboard.
My only problem is the fact that i didn't see any files for the bicep armor and my statue isn't really helping me any. i would like to have a good plain bicep so i may in the future be able to make other shoulders and interchange them. But for now, i'll just do a space filler type thing. they're kinda plain anyways and jorges shoulders are just so huge theres really almost no visible bicep armor.
I also have pepped the forearms and one of the attachments. I just need the thighs, shoulders and biceps, a new cod, the other handplate, and boot pieces and i should be ready for fiberglass. (or however i decide to reinforce this stuff. i've fiberglassed one torso and a helmet and don't care much for it.)
I know pictures are a must, but my girlfriend has my sd card adaptor, but shes coming to visit this weekend so i asked her to bring it then. after that the next time im on i will upload pictures of my progress. Please be patient with me though with my dialup.
Anyways. thats all for now. As always i welcome any thoughts, comments, ideas, tips, advice, opinions, etc, so long as its respectful and won't start a fight. Thanks guys.
Later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back