MC action figures' price stupidity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kupokitty

I just ordered a green Halo 2 version 4 or whatever MC off the 'net. It was frustrating because it took me over an hour to find a cheap, green MC that wasn't loose.

Is MC really so popular that he must be bought for stupidly high prices and be sold out pretty much everywhere? D:

If I actually had a job and a bit of cash when the first MCs were released, I would've gotten one then...

So...um. Has anyone other than me paid any stupidly high prices for a Halo toy?

Queen said:
I just ordered a green Halo 2 version 4 or whatever MC off the 'net. It was frustrating because it took me over an hour to find a cheap, green MC that wasn't loose.
Is MC really so popular that he must be bought for stupidly high prices and be sold out pretty much everywhere? D:
If I actually had a job and a bit of cash when the first MCs were released, I would've gotten one then...
So...um. Has anyone other than me paid any stupidly high prices for a Halo toy?
can you give me the site i need one pm please.

EDIT: Whats a loose figure

Last edited by a moderator:
Leadingspartan said:
can you give me the site i need one pm please.

EDIT: Whats a loose figure
A loose figure's a figure that's been taken out of the box.

Uh, yeah. That kind of stuff usually happens when it is a popular figure that has been out of production for over a year. :p

I've payed way stupider prices for some of my figures. As a matter of fact, some of my figures cost me more than a lot of people's entire collections... :cautious:

PFG said:
Uh, yeah. That kind of stuff usually happens when it is a popular figure that has been out of production for over a year. :p

I've payed way stupider prices for some of my figures. As a matter of fact, some of my figures cost me more than a lot of people's entire collections... :cautious:
Whut. I did not know that. :<

I do not pay attention to things in stores, other than video game demos, beef jerky, and prices of things I will never buy.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Queen @ Sep 6 2007, 05:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Whut. I did not know that. :<

I do not pay attention to things in stores, other than video game demos, beef jerky, and prices of things I will never buy.</div>

Yeah, JoyRide has been completely out of business for awhile now, and they quite making Halo figures even before that. Tons of figures ended up getting cut from production before they even hit stores.

I thought I was being smart buying everything the second it hit the store. Too bad it all got destroyed and I got stuck rebuying the whole set again from online resellers at inflated prices.

PFG said:
Yeah, JoyRide has been completely out of business for awhile now, and they quite making Halo figures even before that. Tons of figures ended up getting cut from production before they even hit stores.

I thought I was being smart buying everything the second it hit the store. Too bad it all got destroyed and I got stuck rebuying the whole set again from online resellers at inflated prices.
hey do you know if those figures on the site you gave me will be avalible during christmas too?

PFG said:

Ew. Inflation. That reminds me of Gaiaonline's AI inflation. Stupid Exchange Whores.

I'm glad I bought my MC now. If I waited another year, I probably wouldn't be able to afford it!

I have a Green MC from awhile ago as well as the Red and steel multiplayer spartan and the elite too..I also just got the Prophet of truth for $10. :D

All of them are opened but mint. Heck I even have a sniper jackal :D

smilie120 said:
I ahd to pay $26 for mine including P&P.....I got ripped off

Actually, you got a deal if that was any green MC.

Most of the Halo figures are worth more than when they came out. The only exceptions are any Jackal, Prophet, Flood, any Halo 2 vehicle aside from Warthogs, and Halo 2 Series 3. You're lucky if you can give some of those away. I see a lot of those get listed for $5 and $6 and go with no bids.

PFG said:

Most of the Halo figures are worth more than when they came out. The only exceptions are any Jackal, Prophet, Flood, any Halo 2 vehicle aside from Warthogs, and Halo 2 Series 3. You're lucky if you can give some of those away. I see a lot of those get listed for $5 and $6 and go with no bids.

Lol...I got an orignal Halo 1 warthog with rocket launcher..Minus 1 red dude..lost him to sister in a bet when I was younger.

I has a 1/6th scale plasma sword :D its sweet though..I love giving it to a jackal and seeing what happens :D

PFG said:

its a series 8? green mc! so is that any good for $20 i paied for the figure, but i have opend the box..... :rolleyes but i think its a series 8. would that be worth much? a halo 2 series 8 green mc with the flood thing, pistol and shotgun?

smilie120 said:
its a series 8? green mc! so is that any good for $20 i paied for the figure, but i have opend the box..... :rolleyes but i think its a series 8. would that be worth much? a halo 2 series 8 green mc with the flood thing, pistol and shotgun?

Its sold out in some places lol...

I hate Mcfarlanes' ones coming out though..

http://www.toywiz.com/ha3mcacfive.html

Alot smaller and more suckocity.

I got the H2 tin with the Mk V and Mk V Chiefs when it came out. $40 at my local gamestop. I thought that was kind of pricey but they go for way more now.

Sigma-LS said:
I got the H2 tin with the Mk V and Mk V Chiefs when it came out. $40 at my local gamestop. I thought that was kind of pricey but they go for way more now.

Yeah one of those sets is awesome..

I have a series 1 Halo master chief (from the original game) but he lost a hand...sadly..Still mint condition almost..I also have a black spartan still in good condition.

smilie120 said:

It isn't worth a lot opened, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if you could sell it opened for the $26 you payed + shipping.

And the McFarlane figures are going to kick the **** of the JR ones. JR figures absolutely blow as far as quality goes. ;)

PFG said:
It isn't worth a lot opened, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if you could sell it opened for the $26 you payed + shipping.

And the McFarlane figures are going to kick the **** of the JR ones. JR figures absolutely blow as far as quality goes. ;)

Maybe so...I do have some series 2 and 3 MCs that are in pieces from falling off of a shelf 5 feet from the ground...lol.

I guess I was turned away from Mcdonald's ones when I saw they were on stands and could only hold the weapon they came with because they were glued in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back