MC Helmet UPDATED: "11/03/07"

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Update! pics on main page!

10/20/07

Been working on the jawline over the past couple days tryin to get it to look right

That's a big improvement! It's coming along quite nicely.
Make sure you get both sides equally. ;)
You're doing quite well!

Sarge Christi said:
That's a big improvement! It's coming along quite nicely.
Make sure you get both sides equally. ;)
You're doing quite well!

Yea I had to redo the right side because everything was just a bit off.

plus I added a new pic of the right side as im working on it

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome job, i wish someone one of these days would show how they started the making of the clay helmet like were to put the first pieces of clay and how combine them smootly. But again nice job man.

SpartanForever said:
Awesome job, i wish someone one of these days would show how they started the making of the clay helmet like were to put the first pieces of clay and how combine them smootly. But again nice job man.

Well I for one just kind started with a thin layer over my head kind like a skullcap then just added to it from there in layers, that way when I need to shape something I just kinda shave a layer off at a time

Man, your sculpt is looking really good. I am actually sculpting my armor out as well and I can only hope that mine turns out half as good. How long have you worked on it so far? So far, I am only working on the toe piece and the hand piece (starting small), but the helmet certainly is tempting.

Good Luck, and I hope it turns out really well.

Updated 10/24/07

Added one pic of the Jawline on the main page, will add more later today of the left side and front

Just bought all the materials to do the cast once I am done, another 300 bucks later....*sigh*

they helm is looking really great, but it seems like the top of the helm seems like it maybe a little bit to tall or to rounded or something. could just be my imagination. idk but fantastic job so far. keep up the aweosom ness

xalener said:
the face seems a tad flat.

Yea after staring at it for about an hour I came to that conclusion myself as well, I ended up having to rework the entire front of the helm from ground zero to get it so that there was a more prominent "chin" to it

Inspiration I call it! I've been browsing around the site and researching for a couple of months, think I am finally ready to get started on mine. Anyone know a good place to get a lifecast/manique for the shoulders and head?

Looks nice! The only thing that bothers me about it is that I think the jaw could be pushed out about another inch. Other than that, fantastic!

nice helmet. just a question when your sculpting the helmet what is it on? im gonna get started with this soon but im just finding out a few things first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back