Measuring

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegetogecko44

im just starting my first ever Master Chief suit and i was wondering how do you size the armor to your body? if someone could help me that would be great :)

Thanks

I'm fairly new to the forums but I suggest reading the stikies in the pepakura section...

I'll be nice. Here's the official scaling thread.

If you don't feel like looking through that. here's the scaling I used and all my pieces seem to be scaled correctly.

x= Your height in inches + 2-3 inches.

y= The current scaling on the pieces of armor

(x/86)*y

Edit: If you have an irregular build then it'll just be trail and error I guess. A lot of people say I'm a bit stocky but that equation worked just fine.

Change your height (5'9")Into inches...Add 2-3 inches to that...divide that number by 86... Then multiply that answer by the current scale the armor is at.

Step by step:

Alright.. you're 5'9".

that'll be 69 inches.

add 2 to 3 inches to that..

you'll end up with 72 inches...

divides that by 86..

(72/86)=0.837209....

You take that number and multiply that by the current scaling that armor is at.

To find the current scaling open up the armor you want to scale in pepakura

2D Menu > Change Scale > Scale Factor...

Take the number from the scale section and multiply that by what you got earlier....

0.837209*30.423(This isn't the scale which all peps are set.. This is just a scale which I chose at random)

After that you'll end up with your final scale which would be

Note that the number I give you won't scale the armor correctly unless it was initially scaled at 30.423

Edit: Just search around online or at local stores for Bike helmet face shields.

hey i did all the measurements and finished my helmet. like finished the folding and putting together. but its too small and i can figure out how to make it bigger.

Which helmet did you use?

On the helmet I used I had to cut material away from the neck hole to get my head to fit through.

Psychopanda said:
Which helmet did you use?

On the helmet I used I had to cut material away from the neck hole to get my head to fit through.

i used the mark VI helmet

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... That's the wikia page so there are atleast 5 Mark VI helms there.

Try cutting out some material from around the neck.

okay so let me get this right.. you get your height in inches divide it by 86 then multiply it by 12.713574 the number given for the helmet. that right?

i dont actually know if anyone saw abrant 3 sizing tutorials on youtube? (well there not there now) but anyway is pretty simple you dont really need all this mumbo jumbo os 72 divied by 86 etc etc (you can do that if you want) but i would give just simple measurement using a tape mesure a go its alot easier

its imple for exaple i will go for say a helmet right roughly the average helmet you get is say about 265mm to about 280mmm that there should already be the perfect size you dont really need to dd 2 or 3 inches because well 3 inches will make it look weird and overly big , all you do is take the measerment of your chin area to the top of your head and only add a few more centermeters to it that there should be perect

hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back