Mech/Exoskeleton Build (Full-Size )

Video about today:

Couldn't 3d print the part cuz I started printing the faceplate for my helm before I started mech work today. Faceplate turned out pretty good. Largest 3d print I ever did.

IMG_20200222_202811946.jpg

I can see surprisingly well out of it.

So, another test run and I isolated the problem:

Not enough traction on the drive wheels for the muddy conditions. I have several options. Wait for conditions to improve (either freeze over again or wait till spring/not so wet), put down some scrap wood to drive on (found some 4x8ft on craigslist for $10 each), bring Marduk to a parking lot, cut up the rear motor mount so the mech doesn't tilt forward so much, or add a weight rack to the rear. I have a few tractor tire weights and misc cinder blocks so I'll be trying the last one first.

So, another test run and I isolated the problem:

Not enough traction on the drive wheels for the muddy conditions. I have several options. Wait for conditions to improve (either freeze over again or wait till spring/not so wet), put down some scrap wood to drive on (found some 4x8ft on craigslist for $10 each), bring Marduk to a parking lot, cut up the rear motor mount so the mech doesn't tilt forward so much, or add a weight rack to the rear. I have a few tractor tire weights and misc cinder blocks so I'll be trying the last one first.
you could always throw on some chains onto the tires.......

oh, now I see them.....didn't help much thought did they? :)

Well, yes and no. The hip deck/torso is tilted a 7.8 degree angle so more weight is on the front steering wheels than the back. If I chop of a bit of the rear rack it should get more traction, but Ima try just putting heavy things on it tomorrow first.

Edit: whipped up another logo. I kinda like this one:

mardukface.png

Also applied for some free business consulting. Here's hoping!

Last edited:
Testing mech for reporter. Stops moving. Reporter says wheel looks funny. I check wheel. It fell off. I laughed it off as a demonstration of a catastrophic failure and how safe the mech is. I continue to show off & talk about mech.

After he leaves I investigate. 2 mounting bolts were removed. I didn't remove them.

I was hoping full checkups were not necessary every time I go to hop in the mech, but when since housemate/brother has issues I 'll have to check for sabotage every time.

Well, things went better with the photographer today (working on the mech all day beforehand) and MARDUK's ankle only gave out at the end of the test run. I'll have to wrap it up with some of this:

816XheQ1gdL._SY879_.jpg

Also the guy said anytime I do promo stuff to let him know. Looks like I got a contact! (besides the Caters News Agency)

Hmm... might just splice another 2x4 into the ankle and seal it. Major reason the ankle has issues it the wood absorbed water in its end so the screw thread doesn't stay in. Bolt on a new wood piece and cover the joint in bondo/fiberglass might fix the issue. Another parts run after work :p

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back