Mech/Exoskeleton Build (Full-Size )

Have them sign a waiver..........

Told 'em that in my initial letter and they still wanted it insured if con attendants were to operate it. Methinks its run by a buncha party poopers.

I can always have a sign-up list to gauge interest in private lessons. Maybe start a local club of Mecha-chanics! A county faire in august has a demo-derby arena I'd love to have a mecha fight in but I'd exhaust myself (and my bank account!) building a second one by then. Plus I'm still a bit sore from my pinched nerve.

Told 'em that in my initial letter and they still wanted it insured if con attendants were to operate it. Methinks its run by a buncha party poopers.

I can always have a sign-up list to gauge interest in private lessons. Maybe start a local club of Mecha-chanics! A county faire in august has a demo-derby arena I'd love to have a mecha fight in but I'd exhaust myself (and my bank account!) building a second one by then. Plus I'm still a bit sore from my pinched nerve.

It sounds like you have a Rockem Sockem Robot game .......fetish? Maybe to harsh of a word.....How about obsession? But I would love to be in on something like that......giant robot fights!!!! And dude....I know about back pain and pinched nerves.......the worst pain I could ever imagine and endure. Do you have a good chiropractor?

It sounds like you have a Rockem Sockem Robot game .......fetish? Maybe to harsh of a word.....How about obsession? But I would love to be in on something like that......giant robot fights!!!! And dude....I know about back pain and pinched nerves.......the worst pain I could ever imagine and endure. Do you have a good chiropractor?

Its a childhood dream, really...

mechamemes.jpg

I am working on a book, prolly do some amazon publishing. Currently writing about screwdrivers *yawn*. Just wait until I get to 2 part exothermic polymers! (more boring than it sounds)
BOOK.png
Gonna be dipping into raspberry pi/python programming, blender 3d modeling, pepakura, PVC structure, metalwork, riveting... YEESH!

I got a heated massager thingy (70s vintage!) that helps out my pinchy nerve when I'm at home and I can usually treat it before it gets too bad. Have to be very careful at my typewriter monkey dayjob (they have mesh chairs: no cushions!).

Got oodles of noodles for more detailing/bordering/safetyfication. I might be single-handedly depleting dollar tree of their red fun noodles.

Well I'm glad that you manage your pain well enough to get so much done........I feel ya dude......look in to a gravity tilt table. Walmart has one on sale HERE. I don't have one but I have used a tilt table before and it is amazing. Great for temporary relief (a few hours) but when used regularly, the effects are longer lasting.

Well I'm glad that you manage your pain well enough to get so much done........I feel ya dude......look in to a gravity tilt table. Walmart has one on sale HERE. I don't have one but I have used a tilt table before and it is amazing. Great for temporary relief (a few hours) but when used regularly, the effects are longer lasting.

Gravity Tilt table. Hmm... *looks at scrap lumber and PVC*

About 3 hours work today, puttering around the yard listening to podcasts and 40k powermetal

Oodles of noodles.

IMG_20190413_101342708.jpg

A bit of facepaint

IMG_20190413_100936369.jpg

Because no mech should be without a giant sword

IMG_20190413_104005379.jpg

Noodle Trim! Gonna bring the other 3 plates with me to my parents place during easter.

IMG_20190413_105942743.jpg

Attached the head. Needed to use my van to put it up there, and crawl inside to secure it. Don't have a stepladder tall enough but I could always use the roof:unsure:

IMG_20190413_121821990.jpgIMG_20190413_121833680.jpgIMG_20190413_121946754.jpgIMG_20190413_121949738.jpgIMG_20190413_122013394.jpgIMG_20190413_122021712.jpg

Re-designing the neck to be more robust and moving the shoulders forward a bit after the con, and I need to get wheels back on the motive module (snowblower) so I can move it around (and up onto a Uhaul trailer). May need to remove the arms while it is in transit D:

Finally got around to finishing the cockpit door.

IMG_20190414_122526412.jpg IMG_20190414_122711736.jpg

Hung it in place and even have a system that holds it open! Did some work drilling and wobbling the mech and it stayed open. It wobbles because one leg is half an inch longer than the other D:

IMG_20190414_125647133.jpg IMG_20190414_130446343.jpg

And I had some fun with DIY stencils

IMG_20190414_132109957.jpg IMG_20190414_132119802.jpg IMG_20190414_132112989_HDR.jpg IMG_20190414_132838541_HDR.jpg

Almost ready for the con, just gotta submit my paperwork and rent that trailer (hopefully borrow a ball from my folks when I visit easter weekend).

It just hit me as I came home from hangin with my bros. Headlights played across the dooryard and I finally realized there is a giant robot sitting in the driveway. Dude.

So convention is a go, but whether I can demonstrate (operate) it or not is to be determined on site/sight. Gotta prepare some video just in case. Apparently the main concern is it tipping over (methinks someone saw the megabots/kuratas fight). I haven't managed to tip it over yet. I'll be sure to do tests with the back wheels/drive train on though.

Test last fall was a little wobbly but that's because a drive wheel was not properly inflated.

"Site" is correct in this context.

And be sure to upload the video you make to here, as well!

Well, he also has to see it. On the site. I like my bad puns XD

Since my pinchy nerve is playing up again I might have the time today to install the optical system and get the back wheels on (rebuilding the transmission is not really required at the moment).

Had some ridiculously high winds today. Scattered garbage cans far and wide and something else.

IMG_20190418_173841877_HDR.jpg. IMG_20190418_173853162.jpg

Finally managed to tip it over! Science! Everything looks intact! Score 1 point for solid engineering!

After a relaxing Easter weekend I did a thing:

upright.gif

Gonna break down the mecha and put it in the van instead of a uhaul trailer.

Left bicep was torn apart, only 2 pvc elbows destroyed. That's a whopping $2 in repairs! Good example for the upcoming convention.

looks nice ;)
amazing bubblegum crisis :love:
I still have a K11 made out of aluminium in real size in our garden shed
View attachment 269093View attachment 269094

Ah a kindred spirit! Looks sweet!
I've been doing some research into the viability of power armor setups. I'd prolly have the full-power functioning prototype (not just the proof of concept) if I didn't have over $500 in car repairs. Really tempted just to get a concept operational and throw it onto the internet... and maybe start and Ironman2-esque mecha arms race XD

Last edited:
*glances thoughtfully at his 3d printer*

Did a video on installing the optical system (blinky lights ooo!)

Had to leave the bottom half behind for the convention, but the top half and Judd McStudd fit into the van (Mechs are mostly empty space). I'll be sure to take a video or something of my demo area tomorrow.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back