Mech Simpit

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow. just, wow. im super impressed. i like where your going with this and cant wait to see more pictues. are you going to go all out and make light up boards and stuff so it really resembles a cockpit?
>and deep down im jealous and wish my boyfriend was that talented<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dmage dame @ Jun 11 2009, 09:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>wow. just, wow. im super impressed. i like where your going with this and cant wait to see more pictues. are you going to go all out and make light up boards and stuff so it really resembles a cockpit?
>and deep down im jealous and wish my boyfriend was that talented<</div>
thank you .. on the note of light up pannels , the electronics have not been installed yet ,so yes there will be , it is a 2 seater flight and gamming simulator . and dont be jealous it took a long time for me to be able to have the time or cash to do this , and dont pick on your boy friend ,he must have some talent to be with you ..

wasp 1 said:
thank you .. on the note of light up pannels , the electronics have not been installed yet ,so yes there will be , it is a 2 seater flight and gamming simulator . and dont be jealous it took a long time for me to be able to have the time or cash to do this , and dont pick on your boy friend ,he must have some talent to be with you ..

he is a sweetheart, and very supportive of my gaming and build habits. the simulator is totally up his tree. im sure if he realized they existed i would have a "hunny-do" list. i cant wait to see more progress on your build though. i had no idea people could make something that complex on their own.

Last edited by a moderator:
dmage dame said:
he is a sweetheart, and very supportive of my gaming and build habits. the simulator is totally up his tree. im sure if he realized they existed i would have a "hunny-do" list. i cant wait to see more progress on your build though. i had no idea people could make something that complex on their own.
there are tunns of home simpits out there ! just google home simulator /simpit . im lucky ,my wife has worked for my effects company for 7 yrs , so she right there with me building away , shes working on the borg area of the gameroom .

wasp 1 said:
there are tunns of home simpits out there ! just google home simulator /simpit . im lucky ,my wife has worked for my effects company for 7 yrs , so she right there with me building away , shes working on the borg area of the gameroom .
thats awesome, so trek fans also... how'd you like the new movie? im suprising my boy with a gundam 00 pilot suit and helmet for his birthday. he was born in japan so he grew up on gundam.

dmage dame said:
thats awesome, so trek fans also... how'd you like the new movie? im suprising my boy with a gundam 00 pilot suit and helmet for his birthday. he was born in japan so he grew up on gundam.
we are also gundam fans my wife has a southren cross riders suit and armor .. found a DOT approved helmet that looks just like the scross helm

wasp 1 said:
we are also gundam fans my wife has a southren cross riders suit and armor .. found a DOT approved helmet that looks just like the scross helm

Got any pics of that ?? i would really appreciate !!!

PhilzZ said:
Got any pics of that ?? i would really appreciate !!!
well philzZ your in luck, we just started to unpack the BOXS of sci-stuff , ita also a good project starter for a bunch of diffrent helms
P6110019.jpg
its made by GREX

the sim area is starting to feel like get smart [you have to pass thru 3 airlocks to get to the simpit , as seen in this pic , think im over doin it lol ..
P6140005.jpg
just mounted the ER-PPC just to get it off the floor
P6140003.jpg
its comming along ....

Very impressive. What you have looks great!
As for over doin it. Maybe. It deppends on what you are going to put inbetween the 3 airlocks. I mean if it is going to be quite a few consoles, screens and such (they don't need to work btw. Even better if they did though) then it should look great. If it is just going to be walkways then yeah you're over doin it. If the first air lock leads to a walkway, then next to some sort of console room and then next to the simpit, then I think that would look pretty cool.
But many kudos are deserved for tackling something that many people would never even think to try. Good on you! Hope you finish it the way you want.
Ps: It would be even cooler if it moved :p

MINZEZ said:
Very impressive. What you have looks great!
As for over doin it. Maybe. It deppends on what you are going to put inbetween the 3 airlocks. I mean if it is going to be quite a few consoles, screens and such (they don't need to work btw. Even better if they did though) then it should look great. If it is just going to be walkways then yeah you're over doin it. If the first air lock leads to a walkway, then next to some sort of console room and then next to the simpit, then I think that would look pretty cool.
But many kudos are deserved for tackling something that many people would never even think to try. Good on you! Hope you finish it the way you want.
Ps: It would be even cooler if it moved :p
well the airlock , seperate each part of my sci-ficollection , area 1 is stargate and startrek [ mostly coa pc;s] area 2 starwars , nasa , terminator , halo .. area 3 is the simpit , [ and one little room is the retro area [50s-60s sci-fi movie props and old video games ..

It's a nice find !!!

But i have badluck with helmets ... they are always too small

wasp 1 said:
well philzZ your in luck, we just started to unpack the BOXS of sci-stuff , ita also a good project starter for a bunch of diffrent helms
P6110019.jpg
its made by GREX

PhilzZ said:
But i have badluck with helmets ... they are always too small

Yeah, tell me about it... My head is really big, so my hats for costuming have to be large as well.

well grex makes , helmets in all sizes , hit your local ricerocket store , and get sized , btw hat size is diffrent than helmet size ] it makes it ezr , my wife has a small head , had her sized , now i can order for her off line ! grex also makes an old school bsg viper style helmet

OK so back on topic , started the legs , im keeping the back end square [yes shes a chicken walker ] but im making closets in the legs , and fig i can make them look like docking clamps , second pic is the gunrack [aka the airsoft read rack ], my girl made ,
P6210002.jpg
P6140001.jpg

wasp 1 said:
well the airlock , seperate each part of my sci-ficollection , area 1 is stargate and startrek [ mostly coa pc;s] area 2 starwars , nasa , terminator , halo .. area 3 is the simpit , [ and one little room is the retro area [50s-60s sci-fi movie props and old video games ..
I love sci-fi props. There great! (Dam. I sound like tony the tiger). Im not that big a fan of stargate but I like startrek. Are you going to have startrek consoles in area 1? Cause that would be cool! Also Starwars , nasa , terminator and halo are some of my favourite things :D
When you say closets, do you mean a place to store things in? What would you store in a mech leg?
Nice rack :lol:. (Sorry!) Will you be having airsoft guns in it? Btw what area is it in?
Ps: In the first pic, stuck underneath the bottom of the simpit. Is that a fire extinguisher I see? If it is, good to see you are taking precautions to prevent a fire from burning it down.

ok so what happens when , your buddy's find junk on the side of the road !!!!no the bumper is not staying on , we just did it for funn !!! now i present CHUCKLES the mech , we just could'nt stop laffing !!! hope it brings you a smile !!!!!
P6210004.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back