Mech Simpit

Status
Not open for further replies.
foot pad assembly , primer only ,just makin shure there going to fit, btw the ankle joint is a large dog toy ! workin on the cockpit tonight !!
P7040006.jpg

I'm stunned, this is absolutely jaw droppingly awesome. I'd love to make something like this but don't have the room. Love how this is shaping up though. Kudos mate :D

tarsus said:
I'm stunned, this is absolutely jaw droppingly awesome. I'd love to make something like this but don't have the room. Love how this is shaping up though. Kudos mate :D

thanx , i just wish this was the only thing i was work'n on .. it would have been done a month ago !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh i know that feeling, I have my mkvi now and a lod of props to make for a display and a short film or three that need filming....Too many projects and not enough time

tarsus said:
Oh i know that feeling, I have my mkvi now and a lod of props to make for a display and a short film or three that need filming....Too many projects and not enough time

lol i do understand , me and my wife host a web cast and havnt been online with it in 5 mons ,, lol

well we got the right arm on , the safety lines are stay'n on till the air lines and service tank get hooked up , [yes this arm moves ] , i almost got cut ,by the god damn oops i meen gundam blades
P7050001.jpg
and sumthin i did with a little left over mech paint
P7050002.jpg
P7080012.jpg

COOOOOOOOOOOOL. Looking even better now. It's a shame you just can't work on one thing at a time, but such is life. Im working on a few things at the moment but have university stuff to sort out aswell. So I know how you feel. The important stuff comes first and the fun stuff last. Right?

Btw how do you move the arm? Will it be controlled from inside the cockpit?

Nice paint job on the pistol. Is that a metal trigger I see or is it the flash from the camera that has given that effect?

Overall, very nice. But the, I suppose it's the ankles of the mech, they look a little small. To me that is. Are you going to beef them up a bit or leave them as they are?

MINZEZ said:
COOOOOOOOOOOOL. Looking even better now. It's a shame you just can't work on one thing at a time, but such is life. Im working on a few things at the moment but have university stuff to sort out aswell. So I know how you feel. The important stuff comes first and the fun stuff last. Right?

Btw how do you move the arm? Will it be controlled from inside the cockpit?

Nice paint job on the pistol. Is that a metal trigger I see or is it the flash from the camera that has given that effect?

Overall, very nice. But the, I suppose it's the ankles of the mech, they look a little small. To me that is. Are you going to beef them up a bit or leave them as they are?

yup production work comes first !!! yes its a brass triger [leftover parts are great ] .. the ankles are not finished yet , they have collars not finished , we are making the feet removeable for sweep'n the shop floor , , the right arm is pneumatic and controlled by rc so inside or outside [part of the arm is from robojox movie] and the minigun , rotates and fires an airblast

i got a little board today so ,started the bulkhead door and frame [this will insert into the sims airlock ]
alsp3.jpg
.cut to paint took 3 hrs , it still needs to be aged and battle torn , and a 2ft piano hinge , going to pick up a large flow gate wheel for the center .
P7080003.jpg

I think I see what you are getting at with the flow gate wheel. Correct me if I am wrong, if you turn the wheel it locks and unlocks the door. It doesn't have to actually work but would be cooler if it does. And it only took you 3 hours. You work awfuly quick!

On the subject of the ankles, I like that they can be removed for cleaning the floor. To much hastle trying to clean around awkward shaped things. I also like the fact that you are going to put a collar on them to bulk them out a bit.

And for the arms, you are just being evil tempting us with the rc arms. Standing outside of it and controlling them. You truly are evil. Just kidding :p. I would like to see a video of them in action.

Looking great so far. It can't be that long until it will be finished. Well, work wise maybe not time wise due to other commitments. I can't belive this is still in the noob section. Should definitely be put in the elite section.

MINZEZ said:
I think I see what you are getting at with the flow gate wheel. Correct me if I am wrong, if you turn the wheel it locks and unlocks the door. It doesn't have to actually work but would be cooler if it does. And it only took you 3 hours. You work awfuly quick!

On the subject of the ankles, I like that they can be removed for cleaning the floor. To much hastle trying to clean around awkward shaped things. I also like the fact that you are going to put a collar on them to bulk them out a bit.

And for the arms, you are just being evil tempting us with the rc arms. Standing outside of it and controlling them. You truly are evil. Just kidding :p. I would like to see a video of them in action.

Looking great so far. It can't be that long until it will be finished. Well, work wise maybe not time wise due to other commitments. I can't belive this is still in the noob section. Should definitely be put in the elite section.

thank you for the complement [elite ] but that is up to the big guys ,, btw if you look close that is an old dead lock dressed up ,but no it will not lock , last thing i want is to make the evening news being locked in a mech [lol] . FYI we have been video docing the build for our web cast ,

sims airlock bulk head door mounted , tight seal !!! still havnt found a wheel i like [thinking of an old school chain steering wheel ] lol . ok maybe not
P7100001.jpg

OH MY LORD! This is amazing...please do keep us informed and are you going to be giving tours when it is finished? I would love to play a mech game in this..even if it doesn't move just being in it would be amazing...especially if you could have one person control movement while the other shoots (as for me at least the controls on mech simulators got to hard fast). This would certainly beat the tesla cockpits and such I have seen for playing mech games...

Daniel Walker Cole said:
OH MY LORD! This is amazing...please do keep us informed and are you going to be giving tours when it is finished? I would love to play a mech game in this..even if it doesn't move just being in it would be amazing...especially if you could have one person control movement while the other shoots (as for me at least the controls on mech simulators got to hard fast). This would certainly beat the tesla cockpits and such I have seen for playing mech games...

first hi Daniel and welcome to the 405th , and im honored your first post ! there are a lot of stickies for you to read to help you thru the group " in noob forum" , i dont know about tours , but the mech is in my place of business ,so it will be seen , on the line of teslea pods i just have more head and leg room and a BIGGER running system lol , thanks again ..

Thats BIG. Either that, or the person in the MC armour is really small :p.

Im liking the paint job so far. Sorta looks like hazard areas around the legs, with that yellow. Also, is that a bit of scortching on the underside at the front? Are you going for the flamethrower/plasma burn look?

Have you done any work on the inside of the cockpit? I know that you made the door for it, which looks cool (If it had the wheel on it it would look cooler), but have you added console areas or a chair, things like that in the cockpit. I would like to see that. (I haven't checked up on the info you gave me. Will do soon. But if it is on there, sorry for making you repeat yourself)

Because of you I want one now. But I know I will probably never have one :( . Well, maybe I could, but not one that big.

Anyway, looking great so far. More updates are welcolme :p. I wish I could see it in the flesh. It must be quite a sight.

PS: is that styrofoam on the end of the claw?

MINZEZ said:
Thats BIG. Either that, or the person in the MC armour is really small :p.

Im liking the paint job so far. Sorta looks like hazard areas around the legs, with that yellow. Also, is that a bit of scortching on the underside at the front? Are you going for the flamethrower/plasma burn look?

Have you done any work on the inside of the cockpit? I know that you made the door for it, which looks cool (If it had the wheel on it it would look cooler), but have you added console areas or a chair, things like that in the cockpit. I would like to see that. (I haven't checked up on the info you gave me. Will do soon. But if it is on there, sorry for making you repeat yourself)

Because of you I want one now. But I know I will probably never have one :( . Well, maybe I could, but not one that big.

Anyway, looking great so far. More updates are welcolme :p. I wish I could see it in the flesh. It must be quite a sight.

PS: is that styrofoam on the end of the claw?

the mannequine is 6ft , and yes its styro on the claw ,havnt taken the saftey's off the right arm yet ..... we are also doing a floor treatment around the mech , rubber floor with , saftey [blk/yell] tape around .we are going to start the detail paint this week , more schorches , burns and holes .. i'll post a few cockpit pics this week ,

wow that looks amazing! i have never heard of anything like it. so you are a legend in my obviously naive, and unexperienced mind.

mind my stupidity.. but how does it work? is there going to be some form of screen inside? and a big ol' chair? and guns and rockets! and LAZORZ!?

looks good though. i'm impressed. post the epic winnage when you are done!

well worked on the cockpit a little im still route'n the usb ports ,and the cooling system , but the el wire is in, the neon , and one of the 2 keyboards, i added a shot of some of the extra equiptment thats going in [all saitek cyborg systems ] ,still waiting on the wide screen to come in .. pilot side
P7130003.jpg
[ the lap top is just to run diagnostics on the install ] copilot side
P7130004.jpg
and the extras,,, the small monitor is going to be an over head
P7130006.jpg
im also making a drop down unit to hold the steel battalion VT controller . so any ideas ? and yes i know i need to dust !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back