Meeting up with other 405th members

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXDashIVXx

Sr Member
So in anticipation and much excitement of finishing my armor in the next coming weeks, I was thinking about all the other wonderfull memebrs out there. I have only been to one convention before(orlanfo megacon) and i was wondering how to know when and what cons people are going to, and when and where to meet up with them for photo shoots, marches, or just to hang out and talk together. Thank you

Keep active here on the forum, there are a lot of opportunities for cons and stuff. Just keep your eyes open. You can also get a hold of your RCO or RXO, they are normally the go- to contacts for cons and stuff.

Reading the pinned New Member FAQs would go a long way towards answering your questions, as they in fact contain some of the exact information you ask for:
New Recruit FAQ
Membership FAQ

But, basically the 405th is broken down geographically into local "Regiments." Each of these Regiments has a corresponding Sub Forum here on the boards. In that sub forum the Regiment will post up coming events and all relevant details. You must be a member of any Regiment to post in your own or another Regiment's Sub Forum. You must have 50 posts and and an account that is over 90 days old to join a Regiment. However, many of our Regiments will allow non-regimental members to attend their events, or meet ups at conventions, you simply must reach out to the Regimental Command Staff and give them a head's up and ask if you can attend.

Larger events that potentially involve members from multiple regiments will be posted on the "Prop Party and Convention" sub forum. This section is open to posting by all members, regimental members or not.

Cadet and who would I talk to if I'm on a regiment and want to see if anyone else is going to a con?

The first step would be to see if there is a thread started for that convention in your Regiment's area. If there is not, you can start a thread for that convention in your Regimental area.

If the convention is in another Regiment's area, and there is no thread for it, I would contact that Regiment's CO and ask them to start a thread for it.

So I'm not 18. Does that mean i cant go to a con without a 405th and say that I am a part of the group if I don't have a class-D member with me? I think it is d that I'm thinking about....

Because you are not 18, you can not claim to be a representative of the 405th without Supervision from a member who is over 18 and especially without the consent and input of the local Regiment's Command Staff.

If you are at an event or a convention, you can of course tell people you are a 405th member and tell people about the 405th and the Forums, but you can not claim to speak on behalf of the group. You can not attempt to organize an event or communicate with an event host or convention organizer and make arrangements, you can not request an event invitation, or accept an event invitation. Any event organization should be handled by the local Regimental Command Staff anyway, as should any concerns or questions about an event.

Ok thank you for clearing this up. That's fairly easy. If anyone wants to ask about my armor I can advertise and point them here, but that's it. Ok, as that's all I could probable do anyway... Thank you again! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back