Megaman Voltnutt Armor W.i.p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyCoz

I've started unfolding Afr0Blu3's Megaman Voltnutt suit for a costume for my son. Here's the links to the unfolds:

MegaMan Volnutt Torso

MegaMan Voltnutt Belt

MegaMan Volnutt Shoulders

MegaMan Volnutt Upper Arms

MegaMan Volnutt Lower Arms

MegaMan Voltnutt Handplates

MegaMan Voltnutt Upper Legs

MegaMan Voltnutt Lower Legs

Full Suit (you need this to scale your armor)

How I Scaled This Armor text file

A few things about these unfolds:

They're my first, so don't beat me up if you don't like them. :D

The shoulders, arms, hands, and legs are symmetrical, just print two of each for left & right side.

The model is scaled to fit a 4 foot tall child (I hope). If you want to make an

adult version, some of the larger pieces may need to be cut up with the "Join/Disjoin Faces" tool. (Ctrl + N by default)

I have organized the parts in the order I'm building them. The left / right

designations are as if you were wearing the armor.

I've also added tabs to some of the open edges. The purpose of the tabs

is to give you a little "dam" to fiberglass or resin to. They also give you something to attach some scrath-built support struts to. These extra tabs may have gaps or overlaps once you fold them, just use some masking tape to connect them.

The extra tabs can be easily identified because they have no edge ID number,

they're larger, and they are 90 degrees

If you don't want to use them, you can just cut them off.

BTW: Thanks to Afr0Blu3 for the model and MrOreo for his unfolding tutorial.

the unfolds look great bro better then what i did i tryed to do the unfolding but just gave up i need to watch mr oreo tut on how to unfold looks like it worked for you i cant wait to see how the rest of it comes out my kid is going to be happy when this is made aloha

Finished unfolding the last pieces. Links are in the first post. I'm going to see if Afr0Blu3 would be willing to model the backpack & boots as well. I thought I saw a Megaman helmet around here somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it.

great job on the rest of the unfolds bro and nintendude had made a zero man helmet and i think he is also going to do a mega man one also aloha

Great job on these unfolds! I'll have a go at doing the feet and backpack for you. Trying to get some reference images together for the helmet you can get half way through Mega man Legends 2 as well.

Thanks Afr0Blu3, I was gonna ask about a helmet too, but I didn't want to sound greedy :D

I'm glad you like the unfolds.

The files dont seem to work anymore. :/ Id really like to make this costume seeing as how id like to have this armor for my next convention.

tactical20facepalm.jpg

Please do not necro post. Last person posted about a year ago, which means this thread is long dead, please check the post dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back