Mendez's Halo weapon 3D print file dump [Download] (HELP NEEDED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the customization weapons I assume that a tactical rail is in use, and a.. well it looks like you just slide the extra barrel attachment on and I don't know how those things work really work.

Hey can you share with me what you use when you finally manage to open the RAR files RobotChicken, I am under the same situation as you.

I have a very old Windows XP system that I use for Pepakura Designer and it has an app "WinRAR" that I found online which can decompress the RAR files. (I wish everybody would just use ZIP which is compatible with both PC and Mac, but oh well.)

I have a windows 10 but I haven't really looked deep into the programs myself. Thank you for the info Robotchicken.

Cool stuff. Is there hope to see the halo 4 sticky detonator?

Funnily enough its the next one on my list!

For the customization weapons I assume that a tactical rail is in use, and a.. well it looks like you just slide the extra barrel attachment on and I don't know how those things work really work.

The barrels are a matter of round peg in round hole, so that's easy enough. but the rail system for the sights is a little more complicated. 343 didn't really model them to actually physically work (cuz, i mean, why would they for a game?) so you'll have to either glue them on, or magnetize them if you want to switch them out. i'm printing the AR right now so i'll post my solution when i get around to making the thread

I would like to make a request (if possible). I am looking for the Halo 3 Spartan Laser. I see you have converted the Halo 5 one but i a, looking for the earlier one. Cheers.

Should we expect the rocket launcher in any variant any time soon?

I'll give it my best shot but the rocket launchers are pretty damn big, so its gonna be one hell of a project to fully print one.

I would like to make a request (if possible). I am looking for the Halo 3 Spartan Laser. I see you have converted the Halo 5 one but i a, looking for the earlier one. Cheers.

I'll get to work on it. just a warning though, all the halo 3 files i have are SUPER low-poly. i don't know if i got a bunch of pep files or if the texture artists at bungie were literal wizards back in the day, but most of them look like garbage! (at least to me)

So these had me so excited I finally went and got my own printer. What kind of recommendations does everyone have on print settings for things like these? I'm still getting my bearings and wasn't expecting the learning curve to be quite this steep. Can't wait to get the shotgun printed first!

So these had me so excited I finally went and got my own printer. What kind of recommendations does everyone have on print settings for things like these? I'm still getting my bearings and wasn't expecting the learning curve to be quite this steep. Can't wait to get the shotgun printed first!

i detail it more in the thingiverse postings that i've done, but my reccomendation is Medium setting (almost any slicer program that comes with a 3D printer has "low quality" (fast but not very smooth), "medium quality" (takes a little longer but looks nicer), and "high quality" (takes a long time but looks very smooth)) and a smaller (around 10-15%) amount of infill (infill is the density of the "honeycomb" structure that's on the inside of the model to give it strength, as opposed to leaving it hollow and fragile). this is just to make things faster and use less filament. but if you're just swimming in reels of filament and can't get rid of them fast enough, then you can honestly do whatever setting you please.

Alright! mini-update with a few finished ones, with probably 5 or 6 more ALMOST done!

Most of this is Halo 4 stuff, with some reach and ODST mixed in. I got a couple people i can talk to about getting better Halo 3 files, because the ones i have now are REALLY bad. so if i can get my hands on some proper files, then expect TONS of halo 3 stuff!

First off, ReClaimer8015 requested the H4 sticky detonator:

HALO 4 STICKY DETONATOR
[Download]
Sticky Detonator.png
Guide.png

HALO 4 ASSAULT RIFLE
[Download]
Assault Rifle.png
Guide.png

HALO 4 BEAM RIFLE
[Donwload]
Beam Rifle.png
Guide 1.png
Guide 2.png

if i could make a request. could you maybe do a halo combat evolved magnum? i think that would be really cool for a hard core fan like myself. just a thought.

fivenerds : My guess is Netfab. Clean flat surfaced cuts like these are a breeze in NetFab free/basic/however they call it these days. Could be done with Meshmixer too, but I prefer NetFab personally for this kind of job.
More advanced types of Free cuts (slanted/angled/size limited) can be done in NetFab too, but only using the more expensive versions OR during the first 30 days of the Private/Pro trial period.

locostorm : the CE Magnum is one of the better models that has existed on Thingiverse for years now. Combined Remix of Dan0nator's Halo Pistol and MTriron slide with resized mags by guitartoys , inclusive removable mag,working slide and model stampings on the side.

Last edited:
if i could make a request. could you maybe do a halo combat evolved magnum? i think that would be really cool for a hard core fan like myself. just a thought.

locostorm : the CE Magnum is one of the better models that has existed on Thingiverse for years now. Combined Remix of Dan0nator's Halo Pistol and MTriron slide with resized mags by guitartoys , inclusive removable mag,working slide and model stampings on the side.[/QUOTE]

locostorm there ya go man. already done for ya. (and much better than what i could pull off).

What software do you use to split the rifles?

fivenerds : My guess is Netfab. Clean flat surfaced cuts like these are a breeze in NetFab free/basic/however they call it these days. Could be done with Meshmixer too, but I prefer NetFab personally for this kind of job.
More advanced types of Free cuts (slanted/angled/size limited) can be done in NetFab too, but only using the more expensive versions OR during the first 30 days of the Private/Pro trial period.

You're giving me too much credit, kaween! i've self taught myself in the basics of maya (because its what i had access to for free) and Microsoft's Azure STL fixer (also free) to "un-hollow" the cut chunks so they can be printed. since it exports as .3mf i also have a (kinda sketchy, honestly) mesh converter program to convert it back to .obj and .stl. i have been looking at netfab and other, more advanced slicers to streamline my roundabout way of doing this, but at this point i'm thinking "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Do you plan on doing the revised Halo 2 beam rifle that was put in Halo 5 since you did the regular one?

Do you plan on doing the revised Halo 2 beam rifle that was put in Halo 5 since you did the regular one?
I'm sure he would consider it, but we don't have the files for Covi stuff yet.

Mendez, would you like to join forces and create higher quality and smooth models? I've been using Blender, and I could smooth and detail the models, but they end up as surface models rather than solid bodies. So I would need you to solidify and slice the models. I do ask that you keep the files in one big piece, because some of us have larger printers, and when we want to print the files, we have to make the prop in 30 parts when we could slice it on our own and print it in 5 pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back