Micney's W.i.p. Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micney

Jr Member
Ok, this is where i will post my stuff though out the construction of my M6 and various other stuff that i will be making. there will be more pics of the M^ set as soon as school ends. so far all i made are some size testers and off topic paper crafts.

oh, and did i mention i only have 3 months (starting in 2 weeks) to complete this? as of the moment i am ftying to get all of the research out of the way. then a week of peping ^___^

First up on this voyage is my 1st attempt at the AR.

[attachment=9019:AR_start_1.JPG]

What is the next step to this?

this too diff direction

gallery_12959_1085_671068.jpg

Looks good so far. Are you going to resin it? Also, is the tape there just to hold things while the glue sets?

Das Brutus said:
moving along well... what's the next step?

juggernaut said:
Looks good so far. Are you going to resin it? Also, is the tape there just to hold things while the glue sets?

to tell you the truth guys, i don't really know what to do next. The tape is sort of keeping it together because the glue i used is not keeping it together at all.

i might just make it like i did my plasma rifle

LINK IS RIGHT HERE BOYS!!

But with more resin/bondo and less paper mache'

Last edited by a moderator:
I would use something (like tape) to give it a more clean surface, and then resin or something, primer and paint. But this is just me...

You guys think that just resining it would give it enough strength?

cuz if it does, my suggestion would be pouring in super glue from the top small holes and when they are all sticked together, resin the outside, than bondo it to seal the cardboard looking parts.

I was thinking of this method and thinking I would use fiberglass between the cardboards

by the way, Micney.
where did you find the AR's templates to trace it on the cardboard? I'd like to use the same way to make mine

shellshocker said:
You guys think that just resining it would give it enough strength?

cuz if it does, my suggestion would be pouring in super glue from the top small holes and when they are all sticked together, resin the outside, than bondo it to seal the cardboard looking parts.

I was thinking of this method and thinking I would use fiberglass between the cardboards
by the way, Micney.
where did you find the AR's templates to trace it on the cardboard? I'd like to use the same way to make mine

you can find them right here (but only if you click on these words)

i'm thinking i might just start that one over again, maybe go the way of the Pepakura. For this doesn't look like a good start.

maybe i will finish taping it first and see how that goes

That's not a bad start.... I was thinking you could push straight pins through it and get rid of the tape. Then resin it. I'm not sure how the resin would work on top of the tape as I don't think it would soak into it.

If you still have the templates you could just re-cut the AR out of cardboard and use Tacky Glue to hold it together.

It practically fuses the cardboard to itself, I made my BR that way and have no problems with it holding together.

Still need to resin one side and then start bondo-ing.

I'm planning on taking this one and Paper mache'-ing it. maybe i will give it to my little brother for hgis birthday. i'm going to print one off and PEP it. That way i can have more detail

Micney said:
I'm using this to learn how to resin befor i start on my main project.

gallery_12959_1085_468710.jpg

gallery_12959_1085_654821.jpg

WTF How long did that pep take ya? It looks really well done mic. I feel like the hardest part of pepping it would be the final few tabs when you're closing the weapon up. Is that true? You might as well just use that as your main weapon it looks so good.

timonemycat said:
WTF How long did that pep take ya? It looks really well done mic. I feel like the hardest part of pepping it would be the final few tabs when you're closing the weapon up. Is that true? You might as well just use that as your main weapon it looks so good.

The last tabs are always the hardest when you are working with a closed 3D model. if all goes well, this will be my main weapon, but i still need to resin, paint and all that jazz.

Happy printing day!!

it is the day set apart for cardstock and paper jams!!

(i'm printing everything, but the shoes today)

That pep looks great. I've not yet attempted a weapon. Keep us posted. I just looked at your profile, we share the same birthday, except the year....I was a freshman at Penn State when you were born (I'm feeling old now).
Anyway, keep up the good work!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back