Microsoft Enters Handheld Market With Zune X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Forum Founder
Member DIN
S800
Introducing the ZuneX - Xbox plus zune. You'll probably be playing Halo on your Zune. Make sense with the previous rumor of next halo being on a "mobile device" now?

zunex1b.jpg

zunex_handson01_mimbeetv.jpg

zunex_final01.jpg

zunex_presentation_mimbeetv.jpg

They're probably sitting around saying

"sony HAS to be on it's last leg in the gaming arena, might as well piss them off by releasing a Zune/Mobile Xbox device to compete with their psp"

But I do have to say that these "leaked" shots look really fake.

Compete with PSP, completly own them in that, and send Sony over the edge.

I read somewhere that the Wii is loosing sales to the 360 as well I believe.

On a confirmation note, the one with the guy holding it in front of his computer looks especially suspicious.

I think it looks cool but I bet its only going to have side scoller games. The PSP has "3D" games.

On a confirmation note, the one with the guy in his boxers looks especially suspicious.

Ummm... dude...thats his shirt LOLZ!!

BTW. do you guys think that one day they will stop making consoles and jjust continue making games?

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
ACDCrockr209 said:
I think it looks cool but I bet its only going to have side scoller games. The PSP has "3D" games.

Ummm... dude...thats his shirt LOLZ!!

BTW. do you guys think that one day they will stop making consoles and jjust continue making games?

-Pony (y) (y) (y)
...I knew that.

I heard somewhere as well, I believe on yahoo, that Microsoft won't be worrying about new consoles for at least 2013.

Hmmm..
Could be real, or it could be fake.. Tough decision..
I guess time will tell.
It looks similar to the Korean GP2X Wiz Game System
pa13886114.jpg

Ahhh man....

I have been getting away with playing the kiddo's DS...

This will force me to buy a hand-held... DANG Halo addiction.

Ah.. the promise of Live anywhere..

Seems plausible. With hand held Halo seeming to be confirmed, and the announcements of Zune gaming software in development.. Microsoft's even passively conformed that there was some kind of Zune 360 in development back in December 2008:http://kotaku.com/5113915/so-whats-this-zu...e-talking-about

xboxportable.jpg

What kid wouldn't want to take his XBL games with him wherever he went?

Count me in. :D

lol, I can see it now, constantly overheating, people burning their fingers, mass law suits.

Seriously, if there's one thing that microsoft do worse than software and advertising, it's building hardware. I mean, the Zune never even made it to Europe, because microsoft never released it here. If they have that much faith in their product, it's not going to be very good.

Sorry, but that's my opinion. You can say what you want, but if it can't compete against other players (which, let's face it, loose hands down to iPods), how can it be good?

This will force me to buy a hand-held... DANG Halo addiction.

It would be cool to have a hand-held Halo game, but I prefer a console Halo anyday.

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

With the initial success that the PSP had, I would also have to say that it is just a matter of time before Microsoft enters that market. I would have to agree that the images that Adam posted do look a little on the "less than believable" side, but the picture that Sean posted on the other hand.......I don't know, it just seems to be more aesthetically plausible. But either way, XBL to go.....can't wait!!!! Just my two cents.

even if this Zune x did work, i am pretty sure that a 360 would still hold some advantages over it, even if it IS portable. Sorry if it is just stating the obvious. :confused:

Sure would be an awesome handheld. Not only can you play your XBLA games anywhere, you can also playback those tricky H.264 videos. Other handhelds I've seen can't keep a decent framerate playing H.264.

Pretty much confirmed as fake now. Yay hotlinks!!

zunex_fake.jpg

Yeah, a photo of a screen never looks like that. Whites get blown out, like this:

News1_0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back