Microsoft Wheel "modding"

Status
Not open for further replies.

MustangCobra69

Not really "modding", at least in the cheating sense. I was thinking about making a cover to put over the normal wheel to make it appear as a BMW M3's Wheel. Like this;

is04.jpg

So I was going to make it like a costume, pep it then fiberglass, bondo, cloth, etc. But I have no idea where to get a file of the wheel itself. Any ideas?

MustangCobra69 said:
Not really "modding", at least in the cheating sense. I was thinking about making a cover to put over the normal wheel to make it appear as a BMW M3's Wheel. Like this;

is04.jpg

So I was going to make it like a costume, pep it then fiberglass, bondo, cloth, etc. But I have no idea where to get a file of the wheel itself. Any ideas?

are you doing this for a real car or the xbox 360 stearing controller?

Last edited by a moderator:
GiR3892 said:
are you doing this for a real car or the xbox 360 stearing controller?

The MS Wheel Controller, thats just what I want to go by as far as the design goes.

MustangCobra69 said:
The MS Wheel Controller, thats just what I want to go by as far as the design goes.

awesome , any progress so far?

There are not files for everything. you will NOT find a file for this BUT there are other ways of doing this. I would just start from scratch you could even make a model to create the shape. Good luck and be creative!

Thanks.I am going to start after Halloween, when my ODST Costume and my brother's grunt costume are finished. Here is my Game Plan Rough Draft for the wheel;

- Measure the dimensions of the MS Wheel

- Calculate BMW to MS Wheel scale

- Draw up a pep-like file for spokes and horn

- Fold, Fiber, Bondo, Paint/Material

- Unscrew bottom of MS Wheel (It is not circular, so I'll fix that...)

- Make a (wire perhaps) frame for lower wheel

- Mache', Fiber, Bondo

- Get a suitable wheel cover or make one, that apply it to the wheel

- Make sure it is secure ane the wheel still works (LOL)

Will probably adjust, but this is my first round of ideas. We can also pick up the BMW Badges to put on it, like over the "Xbox Button" in the center, and I will have to align it so the buttons match up and are still useable. Any ideas/ tips/ suggestions appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back