Mjolnir Mk. V Scout (Custom) - First Build - S-037

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulfhedinn073

Hello everyone!
Right then. I've been a member here a while - lurking, reading, learning - and it is finally time to build. I've done a couple of test projects while I've been around, (mostly some forearms that didn't survive a move, also part of the reason I haven't undertaken a full suit yet) but I'm ready to fully dive in.

Project:
I have set my sights on a build with foam, partly due to workspace conditions, (aka: a living room) and partly because I want to be as mobile and Spartan-like as possible. I have chosen a Mk. V for two reasons. The first is that I am partial to the story of the Spartan IIs, and am working my character's background around being one of the surviving members of the first class. (More on that below.) The second is that I understand that the Mk. V has a nice blend of being detailed while not being overly difficult to achieve. I am aiming at a September finish date, for tof Cincinnati Comic Expo.

Character: (will also be posted in the service number list thread as well)

S-037 Nuka | Spartan II Class I | SP: Operation Pinaka | Rank: Lieutenant Grade 1 | Stationed: Cincinnati, Earth

Bio: Coming soon

I, like many others that have been so inspiring, want to build not only the suit, but the body to fill it out. This will mostly be in the form of strict form pull up training. Not sure how many of these updates I'll make, but just in case.

As for suit updates, those will start flowing within the next few days. I'm hoping to document the process piece by piece.

Armor list:
Helmet: Scout
Chest: Tactical/Recon
Left Shoulder: Recon
Right Shoulder: UA/Multi-Threat
Shins: Standard - In progress
Forearms : Standard
Knees: FJ/Para
Boots: Standard

Thanks for reading!

Thanks guys!
Sounds like you got a good plan. Love seeing more scout and recon armor for i love both of those.
Yeah, for some reason you don't see too many of the Reach scouts... At least I haven't. I was really bummed they didn't put transfer the Scout helmet (the one in my icon) from Reach into the other games.

I'm just happy to see another Reach build, they were the best armors in-game and for cosplay IMHO.

I'm just happy to see another Reach build, they were the best armors in-game and for cosplay IMHO.

I totally agree. The new armor (from say, H5) has just started to edge toward cartoony to me. I like some of them, and I'm debating a H4 chest alternate, but the Reach ones just feel more realistic.

Any way, updates coming as soon as I take pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back