MJOLNIR Powered Assault Armor/Mark VI (3D PRINTED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive looked around but havnt had much luck finding anything. Do you have the link? Also, are there files for undersuit parts other than the abdomen? For example, the neck gasket, shoulder gasket area, groin undersuit area/upper thigh, etc?
Halo 3 - Mark 6 - Master Chief Armor Set - No Helmet by moesizzlac
There were no files I could find for anything besides the abdomen. I had to get creative for the rest of the parts. I ended up using a motorcycle under armor for the undersuit, and a portion of a silicone mask I bought on amazon for the neck seal.

that paint job is awesome!!! Mind sharing your process?
Sure! I have a lot more photos/documentation of the build on my Instagram account @dr.propscosplay if you guys are interested in checking that out. I didn't use spray cans for any part of this build besides the final protective clear coat. I used an airbrush with a custom acrylic paint color mix that I made. You can add so much texture and fine detail with the airbrush. It takes a little bit of practice to do, but once you are steady and consistent, the results speak for themselves. For weathering, I hit the edges of the armor panels with a silver paint pen BEFORE I started to apply the green base coat. This way you can physically sand and hit the edges after its done to reveal the metallic coat underneath, It works very well if you practice and don't sand the edges too hard or else you will start seeing the filament. Choose a silver, grey, or black filament to print with just in case you scratch the panels, it won't look like plastic underneath.

Attachments

• IMG_0101 (1).jpg
    IMG_0101 (1).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 180
  • 081880F3-65A2-49B7-A64D-AC8C6A2BED62 (1).jpg
    081880F3-65A2-49B7-A64D-AC8C6A2BED62 (1).jpg
    292 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0431.jpg
    IMG_0431.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0412.jpg
    IMG_0412.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 168
  • AC1061E2-78F6-4531-8B2A-F43532283F96.jpg
    AC1061E2-78F6-4531-8B2A-F43532283F96.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 165
Hey Dan, what kind of airbrush and compressor do you have? Looking for one that will be for my project as well..
I purchased an Iwata airbrush and then any compressor with a small tank. The Iwata brush is great, its ability to dump a bunch of paint on as well as be very accurate is great.

Update on a different part of the suit. Besides sanding, the only downside of 3D printing is waiting for your parts to finish lol. I have just about finished up the prep work for the neck seal though. I saw a post a while back of someone using the neck portion of a Marvel Flash mask. I used the same thing and just trimmed the top portion off. The rest was painted black using acrylic paints and an airbrush. The paint seems to stick well with no real preparation and is flexible, showing no cracks or stress marks when the latex is bent.
what did you print that with and where can i find it? Also, amazing job on the build!!!

Hello, still curious how you attached the TPU ab wrap to your body / undersuit. Since I am using the same files as well as a motorcycle style body armor undersuit. I was considering trying to make it into more of a belt? By gluing a pair of straps that run around the entire interior, one along the top and a second along the bottom. Then fastening them with buckles where the nylon straps can be tightened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back