mjolnir VI - my first armor - (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am taking a day off because i just picked up halo reach and i will be spending all day tomorrow playing it. only i wont have the full halo reach expirience because i dont have xbox live (sad face) but as soon as i figure out how to bridge my droid's internet to the xbox i will be playing online.

oh, btw i am having trouble with PB so pics have been delayed.

man its been a long and busy week, i have made no progress on any thing but i did start an AR this morning. pics will be up later to day of thing that are about 50% done.

update

AR is done, with foam anyway. there was a little bit of over expanding but that can be fixed. the next weapon will be an ma5k. now without further ado here are the pics, the first one is the foam that i used and the last is the stuff that has been resined and is ready for fiberglass and rondo on the inside.

IMG_20101123_232524.jpg

IMG_20101123_232239.jpg

IMG_20101123_232308.jpg

IMG_20101123_232323.jpg

today i am going to put a coat of resin on the AR, also i am out of cardstock once again, so i guess i will work on what i,ve already got until i get more. this is the first chance that i have had to resin for a week due to the weather so hopefully i can get alot done. i might post pics later if i remember to take them.

Nice! I see youre using the HD files, im starting on the HD helmet now, myself. Just wanted to say good job, it all looks great so far and keep at it!

wasn't able to resin today, it started raining, but i did add a little more foam to the front and attached the magazine which will not be removable. i dont think there is a need to post pics because i made zero progress today:(

Armor is looking great,

I fiberglass in my shed... or my garage. It is a little clod where I live so I have use a heater.

We also have been using a closed-off garage with a heater. Your peps are looking great so far! Can't wait to see this done :)

Man you are making excellent progress on your stuff! Props on the weapon peps those are really complicated and hard at least for me. Can't wait to see some more. Keep up the awesome work! :)

well i was getting ready to start printing out the ma5k this morning while my glue gun heated up and it caught fire caught fire, so i had to pick up a new one today and i also got some sandpaper for when i start bondo work.

i know, i have had the thing for like 6 years now and i forgot to turn it off alot so it wasn't too surprising that it happen, i kinda figured it would die out soon. i think thats the second thing this week that caught on fire, the first was the turkey on thursday, LOL

update on ma5k
IMG_20101128_003808.jpg

IMG_20101128_003826.jpg

IMG_20101128_003726-1.jpg

after i finish the ma5k i will start back on the actual armor i just have the shins, a thigh, and the boots left to pep

the pep of garland's ma5k V2 file is done, heres a pic and link to his thread
IMG_20101128_055348.jpg

i am taking today and mabey the rest of the week off to prepare for SATs on saturday, but i will still be on the site just not updating my thread.

okay, so i decide to try to resin at 8:30pm when its 30 degrees outside, the outcome was amazing.
i resined half of the AR
IMG_20101129_212659.jpg

and with the help of my newly assembled hotbox the resin curing was reduced by 30-40% and is ready for the next half.
IMG_20101129_212709.jpg

BTW i am not taking the week off as you can tell

wow, how did you find an ma5k?
the only places i've seen those are on ok-ish halo custom edition maps, and i thought they were just people's guess's.. hmm doesn't matter, it is cool that your one of the only people who will have one for a while :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back