mjolnir VI - my first armor - (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a HUGE looking bicep. You may not have scaled that right but its hard to tell when there is not much to compare it to.

yeah i know, i am not sure if i am going to redo it or not, if i do i will give this one to my friend(he is as tall as MC) because i know it fits him already. i am also working on the right shin by crackhead09

ok, a short but disappointing update

i just finished pepping the right shin in hd and it is still too big so i will reduce another 10% and try again. also a quick question, about how far should the top of the shin be above your knee cap?

also redoing shoulder

Ok there has been a delay on the re- pep of the shin, I don't have enough cardstock to print all the pieces. I only have enough to do a hand piece or a H3 grenade. The stuff is pretty cheap but I am saving money so I can take the SAT in a few weeks, so updates will be at minimum for a while And thanks for all kind words and support

ok, a short but disappointing update

i just finished pepping the right shin in hd and it is still too big so i will reduce another 10% and try again. also a quick question, about how far should the top of the shin be above your knee cap?

Ahhh yes the Shins. We need to keep in mind that we are not built like Master Chief.
Soooo.... I found that I had 3 options with regards to choosing the size.

1) Correct (game accurate) height. ie. the kneecap thing. This option meant that the overall girth of the shin is quite huge, for me at least. It also meant that I would have to use LOTS of padding to keep the piece from spinning around on my legs. Not to mention that crouching and kneeling was going to be difficult. But it also meant that the height and overall image would be more game accurate and the piece would be easier to put on. (wider openings)

2) Correct fit to my body. This is the option that I went for. It meant less padding. I had greater freedom of movement for kneeling and croutching (Less girth). It is a bit harder to put on due to the smaller openings. It also meant that the pieces size is not game accurate. My piece is quite short and left either a huge gap at the top where the kneecaps are --OR-- a huge gap between the heals and the shins. My solution was to add the toilet plungers between the heel and the shins. This served a few purposes: 1) It helped to raise the shin up to cover the kneecaps. 2) It covered the exposed gap between the heal and shin pieces. 3) It protects the heal and shin pieces from rubbing against each other.

A third option would be to modify the shin so that it has the correct height and correct girth. You'll need to be creative for this.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

@longshot
the file sent me is perfect i am about 95% done with the pep.

@terra shugo
i srcapped it because it was too big.

okay i have started to pep the helmet, but it is slow going for now because of school i will post pics as soon as i am done

okay here is my progress with the helmet, there is a bit of warping and some crooked pieces like the long piece on the back, but you cannot notice it from a distance. this helm will work for now because i do plan on making another suit later, so here are the pics

IMG_20101002_153105.jpg

IMG_20101002_153116.jpg

IMG_20101002_154221.jpg

okay i have finished the pep of the helmet and also resinned the bottom half and the forearm. i will post pick later tonight after it has hardened.

here they are, there is a little warping
100_6819.jpg

100_6816.jpg

100_6815.jpg

100_6814.jpg

today's plan is to finish the resin for the helmet after the warping is fixed and als0 try to do a second coat of resin on all my pieces, i will update as things get done

todays progress was a bit disappointing because i only had one brush left, but i did put the second coat of resin on the helmet and here is what it looks like

100_6826.jpg

100_6832.jpg

there was some build up of resin in some areas but that is not a problem. let me know what you think

thanks, there will not be any updates till later next week after i get bondo or more card stock, also i could use a break from pepping cause i have a broken finger(sister slammed it in a car door by accident) right now and it is hard to pep and takes like 3 times the time to do it. LOL

okay,a small and kinda disappointing update,
i have spent the last week trying to get the thigh piece scaled right, i have completed five different sized peps of it and still nothing, but the last one was close just needed a few more centimeters and it would have fit. the arm pieces have been scaled properly so now i just have to scale the leg pieces, cod, and chest and any tips on how to scale the cod piece right would be helpful, thanks.

finally got one that fits, i will resin tomorrow or friday if the weather is good, pics will be uploaded later after resin

here are some pics.
IMG_20101022_015836.jpg

IMG_20101022_015850.jpg

IMG_20101022_015901.jpg

i was not able to resin thursday so i will today hopefully the thigh on the right is a it smaller than the other so i might add some pieces to make it bigger.

i will not be able to resin today because i got called in to work. i get off in 3 hours so if it is still good weather i will resin then.

looks good sofar... g/l with the resin of the biceps. i cant get it right without warpage... only piece i have that is warped besides my br55.(just slushfilled it with rondo after i got done peping. didnt really reinforce the inside or apply resin to the outside... was getting tired)

@leet
thanks, i was gonna resin today but it is raining so i am pepping more pieces. the right hand plate, the left bicep and forearm, and possibly a boot

@adam4472
i know i am getting very anixcious to start the bonda work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back