MK VI + Rogue helmet HD [FINISHED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PigBenis

Turn to page 19 to see my first run into the city and PAGE 20 to see my FIRST MODELSHOW :D ...:D
CURRENT STATUS: 100% done!
Here are some pics after i tried the suit on :D it was a bit tricky but all in a whole im damn proud of it

302818_383154778434332_2081680409_n.jpg

Foto84a7b.JPG

561554_383145545101922_923149153_n.jpg

557579_383153298434480_623471826_n.jpg

Hello dear and appreciated 405th members.

First of all i want to thank you all for making this possible ... Possible to do something i always dreamed in my past since im a huge halo fan. It kinda made my childhood :)

Well i thought i should present my armour progress too .

Info of my progress so far:

I started first with MK 6 chief helmet . HD for sure and the result was very frustrating...
The first one was too small . i recognized it early and used it to rescale. the second one was too big... really... too big ...
The third one fitted but it hurts a bit if i pull it over my head.
Here is the pic of the tight and the overscaled one:
185194_423be8e.jpg

Well after some first experiences with resin and bondo and rondo this came out:
CAM000113a71.jpg

Well after that i came in touch with the materials and after some more pepping and more scale failing ( biceps and belt thingie ) i decided to build up the rogue helmet since i love it more than the usual mk6 helmet.

Here are some piccehs:
CAM00187176ad.jpg

CAM001831c20d.jpg

Well i will soon go for resining my pep works but first i have to do biceps again , i guess with 30cm height instead of 20 this time ;D

Yush thats it .

Greets from austria

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx mate. i finished working now and got a month till school starts again... till september i have to learn a bit and ill fly away mybe ....
But ill keep doing it as much as i can i wanna finish it till novembre 6th :)

Ok here is something i made yesterday. I printed a lower version of the codpiece and the biceps to properly measure the next HD proejcts so i can go on with resining and bondoing.

Well here are the fail models:
CAM0019714275.jpg

CAM0019615262.jpg

So i tryed the lower detail on and i noticed i can take away 1-2 cm away for proper fitting:
CAM001911d777.jpg

CAM001891f5d6.jpg

Well im going for the HD codpiece and both biceps now.

Wish me luck that the 2 CM wont make me rage this time :p

Staycool guys

Greets from austria

Quick Question:

Does anybody know if its ok to resin my stuff on the attic? (roof)
We have much space there and to be honest i hate going outside to do it since ppl are watching u like u wanna build some nuclear bomb lol ...

Theres much space as i said and enough air is refreshing. I would appreciate a hint for it since i have no garage :/

You're using a respirator, right?

Yes ofc . but i have to say the first contact with those chemicals wasnt rly good. i have a respirator but i used it in my flat. big mistake i noticed ^^
after some fresh i air i decided to take it serious and take care of myself .

Quick Question:

Does anybody know if its ok to resin my stuff on the attic? (roof)
We have much space there and to be honest i hate going outside to do it since ppl are watching u like u wanna build some nuclear bomb lol ...

Theres much space as i said and enough air is refreshing. I would appreciate a hint for it since i have no garage :/

if you're using a proper vapor filter in the respirator i don't see why not, but it's preferable to use resin outside where there is more fresh air. does your attic have a window you can open to allow some air flow so the fumes don't go into your house? and if people are watching you now, just wait 'til there's a spartan walking around in the street :p ...

if you're using a proper vapor filter in the respirator i don't see why not, but it's preferable to use resin outside where there is more fresh air. does your attic have a window you can open to allow some air flow so the fumes don't go into your house? and if people are watching you now, just wait 'til there's a spartan walking around in the street :p ...

Hahahahaha mate ... u made my day ! :)

Its not like im embarrsed or smthing its just some conflicts anyway . but haters gonna hate. enough windows there and air .
its not only for feeling myself comfortable its also asked cos i want to work on rainy days aswell :)

Wow, the two HD helmets look really great, nice and clean pepping. Must have been really frustrating to find out they didn't fit. Glad you didn't gave up!

I must say I'm not a big fan of the Rogue helmet. It always reminds me of a stormtrooper. :D
All your pieces look really good.

Quick Question:
Hahahaha, I know what you mean, same happened to me, neighbours are really nosy.

Keep up the good work spartan ! i want to see progress!
Me too!

Greets from Austria

Wow, the two HD helmets look really great, nice and clean pepping. Must have been really frustrating to find out they didn't fit. Glad you didn't gave up!

I must say I'm not a big fan of the Rogue helmet. It always reminds me of a stormtrooper. :D
All your pieces look really good.

Hahahaha, I know what you mean, same happened to me, neighbours are really nosy.

Me too!

Greets from Austria

Its okay if u aint a big fan of rogue. i like it more than the usal mk6 head dunno its just my taste =D
I would never give up since im so deep into my project now that retreat aint an option !

Thank you for cheering me up a bit . made me smiling :D

btw where are u from ? woher genau? ^^

I just finished my second forearm and puh it was ******* awful but now im glad its done.

Both biceps and codpiece left to do since they screwed up by scaling as i said but ill gtg to do it asap even if i have to work tomorrow!
cheers !

Great . i realised that there are no support straps for my forearms neither for my thighs. /sigh

Any suggestions ? a little resin coat on it or do i have to fix it somehow?

Scaling on everything looks good and from what I can tell on the pics it's clean too. Good work so far. Keep us posted!

Scaling on everything looks good and from what I can tell on the pics it's clean too. Good work so far. Keep us posted!
Thanks sir. appreciate your comment :)

Any clue how to fix thighs and forearms with support straps? on the pep file it wasnt included . i dont want to loose symetric if i do something fast. :X

Thanks sir. appreciate your comment :)

Any clue how to fix thighs and forearms with support straps? on the pep file it wasnt included . i dont want to loose symetric if i do something fast. :X

I got lucky with the ones that I did and didn't have to install anything like that. I just took it slow and reinforced it little by little with a light coat of the Smooth Cast that I was using on the outside and it didn't warp at all. The one part that did warp on me was the cod and that's when I was doing the inside because of how I set it down after coating it. So, that one was on me.

If you mean something that you can take out later, then I'd just cut a couple pieces or cardboard and glue them to go from one side to the other to help hold the shape and then fiberglass a couple of light coats on the outside and wait for each coat to cure. After that you should be able to take them out and fiberglass or rondo the inside without any problems.

I got lucky with the ones that I did and didn't have to install anything like that. I just took it slow and reinforced it little by little with a light coat of the Smooth Cast that I was using on the outside and it didn't warp at all. The one part that did warp on me was the cod and that's when I was doing the inside because of how I set it down after coating it. So, that one was on me.

If you mean something that you can take out later, then I'd just cut a couple pieces or cardboard and glue them to go from one side to the other to help hold the shape and then fiberglass a couple of light coats on the outside and wait for each coat to cure. After that you should be able to take them out and fiberglass or rondo the inside without any problems.

Thank you i guess ill take it slow then and just have patience.
thanks for the answer mate :)

after working the whole night i finished the right biceps !!
CAM00205136b9.jpg

CAM002031e7d4.jpg

It fits perfectly now i guess..

have to work in 2 hours and sleeping wont pay off ... Energy drink lets get ready to rumble !! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back