Mk Vi Thigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. All this over a missing detail. I would add to the conversation, but I agree 100% with Nicktendo. Very well put. Straightforward, covers both sides, pointing out valid arguments for both sides, yet still making it mesh and prove that the two sides can co-exist. Yeah, we want the most detail possible in the stuff we build. We put our time and effort into it, we want it to look good, but I personally have no talent in 3-d. I only have the freeware version of pepakura. Basically, there isn't much I can contribute at this time. But there are people who put lots of time into making these models and making them pep friendly. Without them, people like me would be stuck scratch building our costumes. Now, Right now I have a lot of spartan and some non spartan stuff made. You can see the list in my sig so i won't repost it. Without these people putting these files up for our free use, I would have nothing, And I have to say, I would rather have parts with details missing or askew than no parts at all. so regardless of any details that may be missing, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank each and every person who contributes to these forums. I also hope that for the most part, that they are treated with respect and gratitude by everyone else. And before you get angry at them, take a moment to think, what are they getting out of this? did they get paid to model this stuff? were they compensated for the time they spent on this? Did they HAVE to put it up for us to use as well? And also, perhaps, maybe they left a detail out to make the pepping easier for us, or maybe it was something that was difficult for them to do in their modeling process, or a simple oversight. Everyone has oversights, just some people get bashed for them more than others. I really hate to see people get angry towards each other. I haven't been on the forums for long, but I come here often because its a group of cool people who like halo and other sci-fi stuff like i do. Some even put in the time and effort to give us a medium in which we can easily make our own suits, rather than keep their knowledge and talents to themselves. I don't expect everyone to get along all of a sudden after reading this, mostly because its mostly been said already, but maybe seeing it worded multiple ways will increase the number of people who get the message. Like I said. I don't expect everyone to get along all of a sudden... But heres hoping.

-Maverick out.

Seriously people, you're making a big deal over something so little. as far as i can tell the only question here is: is someone going to redo the model or not? Its a simple question. i understand that these people put alot of hard work into these models,and trashing them is just plain rude, but still this is a COMMUNITY if people want to edit something ask, we are all here to help :) . if not get someone else who can model and have them do it. (wow I just realized, now we are all ranting XD ( well if you considered mine a rant...))

Yeah I think i also have to agree. We should shut up and deal with it, I personally havent paid a thing for these amazing files that everyone releases for free. So a little inaccuracy doesnt really mean much, but I lack the talent to alter the models or the finished product, so I fall under the age-old addage: beggars can't be choosers. And I will most likely continue to beg, since I wont be learning 3d modeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back