Mkv Rework In Cardboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

treduder

Jr Member
so I did some mkvi in cardboard a while back.. its fun and fast and looks ok.. but i realized i dont like a bunch of the mkvi suit.. its too heman, heeeeeeeeemaaaaaan reeeeal cheeezy..

so im gonna work on a mkv suit

yes, thats right, mkv. as in oldschool haloce. pistols that shoot like rifles and rifles that shoot like uzis. matte finish in candy colors, futurisstic shapes and stuff

One thing im thinkin about tryin is to use some thick, thick marine paint to smooth things out- like fillin in the edges of cardboard etc.. on top of some resin to keep things hard o course

im gonna try to do some custom pdos just for cardboard.. startin from scratch with the mkv model from the mkv ref pdo

MKV_REFobj.jpg

oh my goal is dcon

TRERIBAD said:
oh my goal is dcon

Can't wait to see some other 405th guys at D*Con! Best of luck man, always liked the old school MKV look myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok more progress! so i cut it up into different parts so lets me work on bit at a time

MKV_REF-splitup.jpg

and put a mirror to it so i dont have to do everthing X2

MKV_REF-views.jpg

also took screen shots of the refpdo and put together and in back of the model to go from

ok so totally doin th helmet last.. yah.. (an rundown levt out stuff, dont tell 'im)

added shoulder knee crotch etc details.. gonna getr to buildin soon...

MKV_REF.jpg

ROLL OUT KIDS, ROLL Out

Looks good, the pic is a little bit confusing though. but that could be me :p

Anyway you know that the forearms of the FirstPerson model has more detail right?

In first person view, you can see some of the extra detail on the MK V forearms, you can also seem them in this render:

forearmbar.jpg

Kind of hard to see due to small pic and low lighting, but in the black area on the forearm, there is a semi-raised bar that runs down the length of the space, and around the cuff are two bands:

forearmbardraw.jpg

ok redid the arm with the polys on the top for an extra bit cardboard for the details

ill have to trim them some but thisll work i hope

MKV_REF_arm.jpg

also did a hand plate real quick

MKV_REF_hand.jpg

Err...if you still need the fp model then here it is. 4shared

(texture included for more details..)

Have you build the suit yet? or do you have to get started?

Sorry for the late reply btw =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back