MLC's journey to becoming MC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice pull bro, I take it that the armor is sized for your measurements?

And, I'll have to fly up one day bro and talk shop with you... ;)

Stay safe and thanks for sharing.

Tim.

HOLY CRAP DUDE!!!!!!!!!

Thats some fantastic armor!

hummmm, never seen that molding technique before. Do you think you could explain how its made?

Iceman29 said:
HOLY CRAP DUDE!!!!!!!!!

Thats some fantastic armor!

hummmm, never seen that molding technique before. Do you think you could explain how its made?

Iceman, Mardon has been kind enough to answer that question a few times now, kindly read through this thread and the original thread in the noob area to answer your question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Xavier said:
Iceman, Mardon has been kind enough to answer that question a few times now, kindly read through this thread and the original thread in the noob area to answer your question.
Actually, this is the original thread. They were merged.

"Hardcasting" still looks totally difficult to me...

MLC said:
Update 12/03/07

Helmets:
Maybe I should change my wife's plan of giving fruit baskets to the neighbors for christmas again this year - and just give them helmets instead........'coz we have some ugly neighbors who could use these! :lol:

MA5C AR Build:
Finally finished with Robogenesis' AR file Pep over the weekend and added some details. After completion, I decided to dremel out the front grips & re-do them in cardboard.
I also integrated a removable panel - just behind the grips to access the interior of the AR for any/possible electronics in the future. Battery changes, wiring, speakers, etc.
I also added some details, but still not finished.

Body/torso armor:
Molds are finally done.......cant wait to lay-up some fiberglass for the prototype product! :D

Check out the last 4 pics in my photo album:

http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbum.asp?use...6&curpage=4

Mardon (MLC)
mlcallanta@gmail.com
You....are,.....THE PEPAKURA GOD.

That is some serious leetness there, everytime someone does something new, I say they are the new king/god, but I mean it when I see your work.

I don't know, I've been working with silicone molds now and the one problem I always face, is the shrinkage and 'warping'. I had that problem with my Doom build, the silicone rounded at the edges and shrunk alittle...just enough that I have to fix every pull that comes out to ensure a flush fit.

Hardmolding seems to eliminate that particular problem...I'll have to give a try on my reworked P1 bio once i finish up with it. :)

Bro, I'll be hittin you for advice on this real soon. ;)

Stay safe,

Tim.

Zaso117 said:
MLC, do you sleep??? ;)

and awesome job

Hehehehe, yes I do sir......about 6-8 hours actually.......and sometimes, I take naps too :lol:
Reason behind that - I dont have an xbox! :lol:

********************************************************************************
Just playing around with the camera here - pics below is of one of our workers who is 5'4" wearing the production helmet & armor.

Mardon (MLC)
mlcallanta@gmail.com

LastSpartan said:
On your torso, you used Bondo or Metal glaze?

I love it :love:

Neither. If you're refering to the pics - we havent done anything to it yet as I took those pics just after they were released from the molds. So thats basically just gelcoated raw fiberglass pull.
However, for clean up purposes - we would be using bondo, prime it & then paint.

Mardon (MLC)
mlcallanta@gmail.com

Great work Mardon, i can see the spartans lining up around the block for one of those ;)

You should considering doing a filter on your pictures, wouldn't be the first time someone would miss-use pictures...

Amazing work Mardon... I can see that we have another master armorer in our midst.

Excellent work on the detail on the front of the chestpiece... looks great!

Wow, the chest piece came out better than I thought!

Xavier said:

Sorry Xavier I didn't notice that both threads were merged :oops: :oops:

Thanks guys - really appreciate your vote of confidence :)

Update 12/05/07

Added 4 pics to page 4 of my online photo album:

http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbum.asp?use...6&curpage=4

Body Armor:
One pic shows the 2 detail pieces that we elected to mold separately - easier clean-up on the pieces as well as easier to paint separately.
Other pic shows the position of both detail pieces at the back of the armor and the third pic is both armors after getting its first coat of primer. It still needs some clean-up, bondo, sanding, etc.

MA5C:
Last pic shows the AR with added more details. You'll also see some small pieces at the bottom of the AR which will be molded separately - like the "electronics" access dooor, carrier bolt lever, magazine release button and the embossed Marathon logo for the rear of the AR. These parts will be adhered to the AR once they are made in fiberglass and before painting.
There's also a pair of SWAT gloves that a buddy got for me from his recent visit to a gun show.

What do you guys think?

BTW- 2 questions if I may:

1. On the right side of the AR (and only on the right side), there's some sort of silver rectangular thingie located near the top of the AR - a few inches above the hand hole (apologies for the lack of gun terms :p )
Does anyone have a clear pic of it? I cant seem to find it on the reference pics I got from the gallery.

2. I know I'm getting ahead of myself here - but any recommendations for shoes? Would the absense of shoe laces be prefered perhaps?
I'm probably looking at Robogenisis' 3 part shoe armor wherein we could probably adhere the rear & front part to the shoe
and just velcro the plate with the holes on top.

Mardon (MLC)
mlcallanta@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back