Modded Nerf gun prop

Status
Not open for further replies.

mumgoot

This doesn't really fit into any particular fandom. I took a Nerf Falconfire and modded it.

I cut down the barrel shroud, inserted metal weights into the interior, made a custom muzzle brake out of Lego bricks! :)

And then painted it.

Currently, only one side is really finished. I tried to coat it with a clear coat but it messed up the finish on the side that I applied it and I decided to stop there because I had already painted it so many times and didn't want to do it again. I still have one good side left.

I used two-part modelling putty to set and fit the muzzle brake. If anybody knows what kind of glue/cement to use with nerf plastic, feel free to enlighten me! (y)

IMG_2285.JPG
IMG_2290.JPG
IMG_2286.JPG
IMG_2288.JPG

Nerf guns are made from ABS plastic, the same thing as LEGOs. a little acetone will soften the plastic and allow you to press together the parts for a permanent bond. So you'd basically be plastic welding. You can try that next time if you like.

Anywho, looks cool! I like your weathering, it looks pretty legit!

Nerf guns are made from ABS plastic, the same thing as LEGOs. a little acetone will soften the plastic and allow you to press together the parts for a permanent bond. So you'd basically be plastic welding. You can try that next time if you like.

Anywho, looks cool! I like your weathering, it looks pretty legit!

Cool! Thank you!

Have you tried using Kragle?

View attachment 257434

That is such a good movie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back