Modeling help

Status
Not open for further replies.

smilie120

Sr Member
Hey guys and Gals, I have just fixed up a gundam helmet in sketchup (not mine). But when I open it in pepakura it has lots of open edges. How can I fix this?

Model in sketchup.
94551415gh3.jpg

Model in pep.
gundamhelminpepwm0.png

Many thank's

--smilie120

first go to paint and paint it all the default color, then if there are any light blue sides on the outsides, select them, right click and click reverse faces

That is really cool. What gundam model is that?

Fullburner

Mk II

Strike

I can't really tell without the antennae and body.

EDIT: Hi, my name is Sigma, and I'm a recovering Gundamholic. ;)

One thing I dont get, pepakura wont let me use .kmz files from sketchup, I save models as .kmz and pepakura just doesn't want to open it, I own the latest copy of pep and sketch up.

AoBfrost said:
One thing I dont get, pepakura wont let me use .kmz files from sketchup, I save models as .kmz and pepakura just doesn't want to open it, I own the latest copy of pep and sketch up.
they need to be in google earth 4 format, i don't really understand the difference though

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey thank's guys, using tacos method iv'e partialy fixed it, I had a few open edges...But its better than before.

Oh and sigma, heres the full pic of it. like i said i just stripped it down to the helm and gutted it.

gundamst9.jpg

thats a bloody nice model, looks like it has a nice poly count for pep, where did you find it? I can fix the edges for you if you like

It looks like the original wing gundam from "Gundam wing" but this one couldnt be it, what gundam name/model is it?

NZ-TK said:
thats a bloody nice model, looks like it has a nice poly count for pep, where did you find it? I can fix the edges for you if you like
googles 3d warehouse

Last edited by a moderator:
A Gundam Pep would be awesome :D KINDA looks like the RX-78 though I dunno what the serial numbers on the shield and chest plate are linked to. Awesome :D

It's definitely not from Gundam Wing. The FA in its serial number means that it's a full armor version.

P.S. Hi, I'm Ral Partha. I'm also a recovering Gundamholic. :lol:

If you had it in a .obj format I could proabably fix it. It appears to be simply some unwelded vertices.

-Doom

Can't ya nab the models form where he got it?

hahah yeah Ral Love the Gundam! I like Stardust memory and Seed a lot more than Wing... I couldn't get into wing it suffered from "God Mode" too much for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back