Molding from pep

Status
Not open for further replies.

blakiki

Jr Member
Okay so I've been talkin to someone about the molding process and apperantly it Is viable to go from pep to mold to cast to final mold,

so I'll be doing that, I'll be testing it on the hand plates (and yes, because there will be much trial and error I will sell many bad pulls for next to nothing)
I am NOT going to make any piece for the sake of selling ('specially hands cuz ppl kno there are lots o' suppliers here anyway)

but my main question is this...
Do these details look correct on the hand plate?
I wanna make sure before I glass mold and cast
pol.jpg
CIMG1417.jpg

Nice collection of reference pics you got there! Yeah that looks great. if you don't mind me asking, how are you going to make the indentations on the plates? I thought about making my own little pep pieces to make those 'dimples' like that.

Looking forward to seeing a final draft!

Nicktendo said:
Nice collection of reference pics you got there! Yeah that looks great. if you don't mind me asking, how are you going to make the indentations on the plates? I thought about making my own little pep pieces to make those 'dimples' like that.

Looking forward to seeing a final draft!

Nick, if you wanna make those out of pep, just cut out a few more of the top piece without flaps and cut out the indented parts, small at first then do it again a little bigger, then again at full size, then 1 more at full size, place all these ontop of eachother and BAM, once you resin sand and paint itll be perfect, but Im goin to make a plaster cast then carve them in then make a master mold

Last edited by a moderator:
Nick THIS is what I meant. maybe this explains better
GoP.jpg

You would cut the black out of the bottom layer, red out of next one, and the blue out of the last 2, obviously that pattern aint good, but you get the idea, you could use more layers or watever, but that would be how I would do it with a pep piece

Yeah definitely. I thought about this layering method too.

I've got some time before I tackle this though. Thanks for the ideas!

blakiki said:
Nick THIS is what I meant. maybe this explains better
GoP.jpg

You would cut the black out of the bottom layer, red out of next one, and the blue out of the last 2, obviously that pattern aint good, but you get the idea, you could use more layers or watever, but that would be how I would do it with a pep piece

You could actually reverse it... :p

Cut your top spots out of the actual plate and put the others underneath it... Same look and everything just no sticking out as much... :\

But certain spots probably would need it on the top... :\

Last edited by a moderator:
could you possibly give a step by step tut on how you are going to accomplish this? i was looking into this as well and you could really help me out here.

basically look in this thread
[Central] Moldmaking
but im gonna make the pep, then detail it just a bit then using methods in the link above i will make mold, make a plaster casting, then sculpt all the detail into that, make a mold from that, and then I can make all the casts I want out of, resin, shell-shock, rondo or whatever else i please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back