Mongoose Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

bevbor

Hey guys,
If you remember my banshee, you may be remember I said it was relatively easy to build :)
Now if somebody wanted to start to build some great Halo vehicle, but didn't knew where to start - might to start from this:
(press on pictures to enlarge)
5083214481_5358a35865.jpg
5084335652_da55809dd8.jpg

PDO file to download

Soon I'll try this model as template for cardboard build in 1:1 scale.
I need also to finish all covers and wheels modeling :)
Any thoughts?

INSANITY! The detail is pretty sick. In a large scale, that will be really easy to pep. Can't wait to see the rest!

wow this is awesome! it seems alot more simple than i thought it would be....might have to try my mechanics skills at it!!! woot woot off to the garage!!!

Someone should build this around one of those battery-powered cars for kids... Don't know why but for some reason that's what popped into my head...

That looks incredible - someone should definitely make one of these for the ultimate cosplay experience. :p

what scale did you model this in?
oooohhhhhh sooo tempting to build a functional (i.e. Aluminum/steel frame :D )
now if only i had a garage and some help.......

what scale did you model this in?

Mmm... It supposed to be scaled to human size. Yes, scale 1:1 will fit most adults.
crazy_pilot.gif

sweet render though i think you could frankistin from buy building the frame an taking the motor, axial and controls you have a working mongos

Now this would be quite epic... You could measure out all the frames sides with sheet metal and weld them into the basic shape and then add panels and such, a motor, suspension, axels, headlghts... and on and on and on... IfI ever get the mney or time this would definitely be a project I would love to take on.

Hi 405th,
Finally I have decided to revive this soooo oooold project :)

I almost finished to break the model to small parts.
(Press on pictures to enlarge)

6090763352_8be55d7e58.jpg

6090219539_2fd728d42e.jpg

6090219825_5feea1d9a1.jpg

6090763672_78e9731590.jpg

Updates will be soon here :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Update:
A little more further development

6094046821_6ae4d09e52.jpg

6094047063_609a5b849a.jpg

Amazing work. My team and I were considering attempting vehicles after we finish our suits. Thanks to your thread I'm thinking it may actually be possible to do. You sir are an inspiration.

why not just mod a ATV, serously you can just build fiberglass mod parts for it, might even make some money off of it, i like the though of having 1:1 scale halo stuff but i'd like it more if they worked...i think i might try a fan jet banshee, even have an idea for a drivable 1:1 scale brute chopper, and there are ways to make like a 1:16th scale scorpion, drivable one. make it about the size of a M3 stuart, i've seen ppl do it with T-34s and shermans

why not just mod a ATV, serously you can just build fiberglass mod parts for it, might even make some money off of it, i like the though of having 1:1 scale halo stuff but i'd like it more if they worked...i think i might try a fan jet banshee, even have an idea for a drivable 1:1 scale brute chopper, and there are ways to make like a 1:16th scale scorpion, drivable one. make it about the size of a M3 stuart, i've seen ppl do it with T-34s and shermans

That would cost way too much. ATV completely modded with fiberglass would easily cost "$2,500" if not more. I'm personally leaning towards the more option. As for selling it... Yeah you've never dealt with Intellectual Property and Copyright have you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back