Mongoose Thread- Update 03/27/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexSpartan177

Hey guys I was thinking of transforming my

http://powersports.honda.com/2009/trx250x/colors.aspx

[attachment=13746:2009_TRX250X_2000x1275_Red_634E2F.jpg]

Honda Trx 250 into a mongoose, but I need a little help.

What I was thinking If someone could make the mongose parts in Pep, or give me some tips in how to make it, I will really appreciate it. I dont want it to be permanent. I just want it for pics. (Still who would want greenn parts flying while you are riding xD)

so if anybody could help me i would greatly appreaciate it :)

i have a warthog wheel, but as for the mongoose i never really got around to finishing what i had done. ill look into it a bit.

warthog_tire_by_ForgedReclaimer.jpg

Yeah the wheels look like they'll need to be changed out if your looking to do some hardcore replication

Thanks for the Tips, but Im actually looking for pep files or some tips so I can make the parts removable.

the wheels; are easy to do, but in what I really need help on is on the body.

Oh, and guys what color is exactly the mongoose???

I wish you luck on this project. I would suggest after you get the peps done and the bondo put on you should use straps to put it on your Honda Trx 250.

I could see about making a model with ALL the details and cut it into a few separate parts to be done individually in pepakura and put together, don't know yet i need to look into some ref.

umm you might have to hit up bevbor i think he's done some mongoose pep or modeling , if not it looks like scratch build , but seriously this is going to be an epic build , it would be even better if you could ride it like that (with all the extra pieces)

DevilFish101 said:
olive grean and black

Thx :)

Nox Umbra said:
I wish you luck on this project. I would suggest after you get the peps done and the bondo put on you should use straps to put it on your Honda Trx 250.

Thanks, but I was thinking of using velcro so the straps wont show, but thanks for the Idea :)

ForgedReclaimer said:
I could see about making a model with ALL the details and cut it into a few separate parts to be done individually in pepakura and put together, don't know yet i need to look into some ref.

If you could do it i will be so thankful :D

if you need any ref pictures just PM so i can post them in this thread.

GiR3892 said:
umm you might have to hit up bevbor i think he's done some mongoose pep or modeling , if not it looks like scratch build , but seriously this is going to be an epic build , it would be even better if you could ride it like that (with all the extra pieces)

I will try to PM Bebvor. :)

I know it would be cool to ride it around :D. The problem is its illegal to drive around in the streets here in San Diego, but I go to Ocotillo to ride in the dunes and Im also worried that my parts will get damaged.

I have a big and little cousin that dont give a $#!T about other peoples work, so they are just gonna tear my pieces apart in Ocotillo. :(

But if I hide them I will try to get cool shots in the sand. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
to answer your question yes it would i have a resin gundam arm in my shed and it has card board in side it and bondo will stick to it or so im told but its to col to bondo here so idk yet

Yes bondo sticks to cardboard. If it has a laminated side... example: the side of a cereal box...it will have a harder time sticking. But cardboard will adhear to bondo. And it will also soak up resin. Just take a search around for some cardboard suits...crazy stuff has been done.

-Loki

Trickster Loki said:
Yes bondo sticks to cardboard. If it has a laminated side... example: the side of a cereal box...it will have a harder time sticking. But cardboard will adhear to bondo. And it will also soak up resin. Just take a search around for some cardboard suits...crazy stuff has been done.

-Loki

Thx :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back