Foam MONKER’s Halo 3 Mk 6 thread

master_colt_117

Well-Known Member
Alright so the following build photos will be broken down by piece in the order they were taken:

After the shoulders I tackled the thigh pieces, starting from the large, long detailed sections on The sides where the Magnum would mount in game.
View attachment 295533
I then worked my way around the front and back of the thigh towards the inner leg, making sure to mount the plastic for the light panels before sealing the piece together.
View attachment 295534 View attachment 295536 Many of the rectangular black buckles seen this suit were not a part of the pepfile and were templated by hand, all of the screw and rivet marks were achieved using various dremel bits.

View attachment 295537
For the inner thigh on this build I decided I wanted to try something different instead of painting the section that is a part of the inner leg but is technically a part of the undersuit. I built the piece out of 4mm TNT foam, and then using Super 77 spray adhesive, I skinned it with a black stretch faux suede. This route was taken to help that section of the armor blend better with the undersuit.
View attachment 295538

NobleofDeath16 3D printed the handplates at this point. Mainly because I always forget about them until the end of a build :lol: These still need to be cleaned up and sanded.

View attachment 295535

From there I tackled the shins, which I found to be more difficult than they had any right to be.

Starting with the shin I worked my way up to the kneecap (which was a very time consuming section!) before working my way around the back of the calf.
View attachment 295539 View attachment 295540 View attachment 295541
View attachment 295542
I then tackled the sections inbetween the shin and the ball of the calf including the bottom rear of the shin.

View attachment 295543

NobleofDeath16 will be tackling the boots using a newer method he had been wanting to try in exchange for the original belt that was built too large. This will be started here in the next week or so. Photos to come.

After finishing the shins (and putting it off as long as I possibly could) I decided it was tike to tackle the chest. Starting with the pecs and working my way down to the ab plate.
View attachment 295544 View attachment 295545 View attachment 295546
After pausing for another week and a half... because this piece again has way too much detail and I was feeling a little overwhelmed (multiple 10 hour marathon build sessions will do that if youre running on nothing but 4 hours of sleep coffee and the King) I started the back piece.

Starting with the upper back I worked my way down the back, adding details to the spine plate last night. This piece I found to be not as complex as it initially looked, but I am still not happy with it. Some structural updates will be added to the backside to help with the shape.

View attachment 295548 View attachment 295547 View attachment 295549 View attachment 295550
I have some details to add on the lower edge, plus the thrusters/ section above the shoulder, and the front and back of the collar. I am finally close to seeing the finish line on construction of this build and I look forward to starting the painting process.

I still need to decide what route i am going to take on the undersuit, but that bridge will be crossed at a rapidly approaching date.

I will attempt to be better about updating the progress on the build moving forward, but i normally build on the 405th discord so if you want to see how the progress is coming along stop on by THE WAVEPOOL and toss a coin to your witcher
Dude that is awesome work and yes, halo3 mk6 armor is deceivingly difficult to achieve game accuracy on. Alot of very small intricate detail. Also, love my reference pic up on your screen with my motocross bike in the back ground! Haha That's awesome, glad it helped out. Your back piece and all the armor is awesome! I spent weeks on getting that back piece figured out. It's super tricky!
 

Spidermonkey60

RMO
405th Regiment Officer
Dude that is awesome work and yes, halo3 mk6 armor is deceivingly difficult to achieve game accuracy on. Alot of very small intricate detail. Also, love my reference pic up on your screen with my motocross bike in the back ground! Haha That's awesome, glad it helped out. Your back piece and all the armor is awesome! I spent weeks on getting that back piece figured out. It's super tricky!
Your shots of the area above the power pack/ behind the neck were invaluable. All of my screenshots were so blurry it was difficult to make sense of what was structure vs texture
 

MrJamin

Active Member
MrJamin for construction purposes I would have to agree, but hot glue still serves a variety of purposes! #1 being reinforcing seams from the back.

Not ShoeGoo - RandomRanger would be sad.


Thigh.jpg



I am curious what you have in the shield emitters on the thighs. It looks like something clear, but I can't tell.
 

Spidermonkey60

RMO
405th Regiment Officer
Do you use something to diffuse the lights behind the take out container lid?
we have a few methods that we use, the easiest would have been difusing the plastic PRIOR to assembly, but soemtimes I burn my self out hand templating/ detailing and kick rocks down the road for a future me problem haha.
 

Spidermonkey60

RMO
405th Regiment Officer
So I took the night off building to fight the darkness and get some work done in D2, so no build progress tonight. I may get some work done on the thrusters tomorrow unless scorch gives me permission to take a night off his armor to play some mcc. If thats the case...

HIT UP THE 405TH DISCORD! lets run some elephants in PC H3 big team heavies prior to TurboCharizard 's elephant gang stream on Friday! (which I will sadly miss because I have a very important pre planned engagement with the woods starting thursday (aka im going on vacation again) and I will be unable to attend :(
 
Top