Foam MONKER’s Halo 3 Mk 6 thread

Spidermonkey60

RMO
405th Regiment Officer
So I just started a base Halo 3 Mk 6 build and this is my first attempt at switching from hot glue as my primary adhesive to Barge contact cement.

I initially started with the belt but the measurements provided to me from my customer were too large. Anyway here are the shots of the original belt:
EA7FE972-917F-4033-A711-1E8303F342CA.jpeg
FFDA0C8C-2C35-4DE3-9B40-45BF3EE95172.jpeg
231F9358-5DA1-4E65-A039-5FA31D8FBFEC.jpeg
DDF2262A-FBC9-456D-84AC-376678AE4A82.jpeg
AB62DB81-9C35-48DA-B254-FCBBC3BE37D2.jpeg
72B04A7D-25AE-4923-9DC7-FB4587F3CBD5.jpeg

I have since received a duct tape dummy and have resized all of the armor to avoid any further Scaling issues.

Luckily this belt does fit NobleofDeath16 so it wont go to waste.
 

Spidermonkey60

RMO
405th Regiment Officer
After tackling the first attempt at the belt I moved on to the forearms. I caught myself after doing the bottom cuff before continuing with the original scaling and was able to start with the newly rescaled files this weekend!

The one on the left was the original scale.
473918BF-8F42-4FCD-A5C1-CA0F58E09024.jpeg

Over friday night, Saturday night, and sunday morning I was able to knock out both forearms!
71FE11AB-E9FF-4451-82C2-12BAB71FB834.jpeg

I’m extremely excited with how clean everything is coming out so far and wish I would have listened to everyone else sooner about switching to contact cement.

For comparison here is a shot of the GEN-II mk 6 forearms I did a few years back for a different build that used hot glue. A combination of a few years of practice and the switch to Barge really shows when you look at both pieces
6EE032BC-C93F-48AA-9D2E-84BED0D70366.jpeg

And lastly, because I have nothing better to do with everyone being on lockdown due to world events I started the bicep.
D22B6853-3181-490B-BE5E-31E1EA06C667.jpeg

And for my midwest crew and at the request of TheBraus heres some corn.
9268BB69-C5E5-473F-8CD7-243B580A53AE.jpeg
 

ExCeLLuR8

Well-Known Member
Loctite 5 second super glue gave me very clean results and very quick set times. With ExCeLLuR8's shoe goo idea to back everything, that suit is still in good shape.
Yeah 5 sec super glue is nice but I have completely switched to barge now on all of my recent builds. It gives so much more cleaner results that the longer cure times is worth it to me. I still use the the super glue for hard to reach recessed spots, but 95% of the time its barge contact cement now. Its very strong by itself too and flexible, where super glue is not really flexible. I completely reinforce the entire inside of all my armor with a nice decent coat of Shoe Goo, I will always do that cause I couldn't imagine doing these builds without it. It makes the armor pieces one complete indestructible piece to pulling forces. It makes the armor rigid, yet remain flexible and it completely bonds to foam as that's what it's made to do. Plus it makes all your seams inside disappear and look clean. It makes strapping and rigging indestructible as well. Once I move to the sealing stage, I Leak Seal the entire piece inside and out for a clean look. Here a few pics showing the shoe goo and Leak Seal in action.
20200430_173047.jpg 20200515_183629.jpg 20190829_153519.jpg 20191130_225632.jpg 20191011_165433.jpg 20191011_170850.jpg IMG-20200515-WA0191.jpg
 
Last edited:
Top