Foam MONKER’s Halo 3 Mk 6 thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Printed in ESUN PLA+! Just expressed very careful planning and care when sanding. if you are too rough while wet sanding it can actually put dents in the gloss coats or cut into it, since its not fully curing till later in the process technically
It's a very hard thing to explain since it's entirely vision and feel based. You can visually see when you've got a hardened and cured outer layer on the part using the EVAkura method but it's a very slight change in the sheen and lustre.

It's a very hard thing to explain since it's entirely vision and feel based. You can visually see when you've got a hardened and cured outer layer on the part using the EVAkura method but it's a very slight change in the sheen and lustre.

Exactly, and a extremely good point to make. This is NOT a surefire method for all projects I may add. It is intensive, and has a lot of variables at play. The quality is outstanding, but it also means more room for error alongside it. I wouldn't ever plan to use this method probably on a large scale.

NobleofDeath16 you summabich youve ratted me out.

—FULL DISCLOSURE—

the only pieces of this suit that are NOT foam are the hand plates and the helmet

Exactly, and a extremely good point to make. This is NOT a surefire method for all projects I may add. It is intensive, and has a lot of variables at play. The quality is outstanding, but it also means more room for error alongside it. I wouldn't ever plan to use this method probably on a large scale.
The largest pieces I've done this on so far is either the Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card Staff or my Reach CH252. Having a lazy susan or something easy to rotate is important for non-flat objects.

wait a minute... is that a ps4 screen and a halo armor in the same photo? isn't that illegal?

I kinda feel bad for not noticing this build earlier, it's stunningly beautiful !
60E7C991-7248-43AA-BFE0-D64EED4E0406.jpeg

Thank you ODCA! Its been a fun build so far!

Seeing as this is my own thread I suppose this isnt a necropost right? TurboCharizard

So ive shared these shots on my Instagram and over on the Discord but I never got around to sharing them here so its update time!

This build has been on hold for awhile as I wait for the weather here in the midwest to warm up a bit more and until after my move next month to start painting and finally wrap this up. While Ive been waiting Ive added some extra detail sections to fill in some of the gaps.

Undersuit sections on either side of the codpiece
E41A61ED-5CB0-40C2-AA23-C69077F1A410.jpeg

Inner Bicep undersuit sections
A95B0F2B-2908-4F34-8A96-5386D7D5FD8E.jpeg

Under the arm side chest panels.
7D141F92-E360-40CB-88D7-4757B300C1C0.jpeg

And the icing on the cake!

I tackled the shoulder cap section of the undersuit. It is mounted to the bicep and will buckle in to the chest. It has an elastic strap that runs under each individual piece to allow easier movement of the arms.

F1690860-2AE7-405E-9713-9EF2493C9544.jpeg

980662BB-0FB5-43E9-BBAB-7DE054CF6520.jpeg

I also plastidipped the forearms.

And thats where it stands now, Stayed tuned for further updates!

Have you carried that duct tape torso around in public just to see the odd looks people will give you?

Also I really like the accordion shoulder setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back