Foam MONKER’s Halo 3 Mk 6 thread

TurboCharizard

Division PR, RMO and BCO
Division Staff
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
Printed in ESUN PLA+! Just expressed very careful planning and care when sanding. if you are too rough while wet sanding it can actually put dents in the gloss coats or cut into it, since its not fully curing till later in the process technically
It's a very hard thing to explain since it's entirely vision and feel based. You can visually see when you've got a hardened and cured outer layer on the part using the EVAkura method but it's a very slight change in the sheen and lustre.

NobleofDeath16

RXO
405th Regiment Officer
It's a very hard thing to explain since it's entirely vision and feel based. You can visually see when you've got a hardened and cured outer layer on the part using the EVAkura method but it's a very slight change in the sheen and lustre.

Exactly, and a extremely good point to make. This is NOT a surefire method for all projects I may add. It is intensive, and has a lot of variables at play. The quality is outstanding, but it also means more room for error alongside it. I wouldn't ever plan to use this method probably on a large scale.

TurboCharizard

Division PR, RMO and BCO
Division Staff
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
Exactly, and a extremely good point to make. This is NOT a surefire method for all projects I may add. It is intensive, and has a lot of variables at play. The quality is outstanding, but it also means more room for error alongside it. I wouldn't ever plan to use this method probably on a large scale.
The largest pieces I've done this on so far is either the Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card Staff or my Reach CH252. Having a lazy susan or something easy to rotate is important for non-flat objects.

Spidermonkey60

RMO
405th Regiment Officer
wait a minute... is that a ps4 screen and a halo armor in the same photo? isn't that illegal?

I kinda feel bad for not noticing this build earlier, it's stunningly beautiful !
60E7C991-7248-43AA-BFE0-D64EED4E0406.jpeg

Thank you ODCA! Its been a fun build so far!