Motor City Comic Convention

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaloGoddess

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I felt it was probably the best place, but the noob forum may have been good since a lot more people seem to hang out in that forum.

Anyway, I wanted to post this because I know there are a few Michiganders on this site and this is a pretty decent convention that I know of. I went for my first time ever last year and IF I get my busa costume done, I will be wearing it this year.

I think it would be cool to run into some other 405th members there. This would be good if you don't live too far from Novi, Michigan or if you don't mind traveling far away just to go to one. Since this does not seem to be one of your "big" conventions like Dragon Con, A-Kon or the SDCC, I am trying to get more people made aware of this convention. When I went last year, it did seem VERY big and I saw some very cool costumes. The coolest one I saw was a predator costume. There were a lot more people dressed as characters from Star Wars, but there was a little variety of other things..........even Ghost Busters! lol I did take pictures of some of the costumes, so if anybody is interested, I can post some pics. :)

Even if my Busa isn't finished, I still plan on going since it happens shortly before my birthday and I found Halo figures there last year and spent a good deal of money on Halo stuff, so going to the convention is like an early birthday present. :p

So, hopefully I might run into some 405th people there. :p

Oh yeah, and here is a site for you to check out too in case you want to look into it a little more: http://www.motorcityconventions.com/motor_city_comic_con/index.html

Just how many cons are there!?

It sounds like alot of fun! Hope you finish the 'Busa suit and find more 405th members that are able to go to the con.

I found Halo figures there last year and spent a good deal of money on Halo stuff, so going to the convention is like an early birthday present.

Try not to go broke over there. Remember, you'll need gas money for the return trip.

-Pony

Oh, the trip isn't bad! lol XD It's only about a 30 minute drive from where I live and my fiance does the driving so he will be the one that makes sure there is gas in the car. :p

Oh, the trip isn't bad! lol XD It's only about a 30 minute drive from where I live and my fiance does the driving so he will be the one that makes sure there is gas in the car.

Wow!30 mins? I guess you don't have to drain your bank account after all.

You are lucky. If I wanted to go to SDCC, I would have drain my account and sell me suit. My car is a bloody gas addict.

-Pony

Awwww........come on people! I KNOW there are people from Michigan on this site! XD

HaloGoddess said:
Awwww........come on people! I KNOW there are people from Michigan on this site! XD

Hello,

I think it's awsome that you brought this up. I went last year and I had a wonderfull time. It was mainly star wars thought . The 501st was there lsat year thought ! I think it would be AWSOME if some 405th people would go to motor city comic-con with theyre armor. Unfortunatly , I wont be able to go this year :( BUT I would love to see this happen. I live about 3 1/2 hours away from novi (Houghton lake) so its not close. Hope you can get a couple of people to go this year!!!!!

Jacob

PS.

THEY HAD HALO STUFF LAST YEAR!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I'm a comic bbook geek so, I was looking at all the collectible comics they had there. I have a sketch book that I had all of the artist draw in.

Last edited by a moderator:
JBetts97 said:
Hello,

I think it's awsome that you brought this up. I went last year and I had a wonderfull time. It was mainly star wars thought . The 501st was there lsat year thought ! I think it would be AWSOME if some 405th people would go to motor city comic-con with theyre armor. Unfortunatly , I wont be able to go this year :( BUT I would love to see this happen. I live about 3 1/2 hours away from novi (Houghton lake) so its not close. Hope you can get a couple of people to go this year!!!!!

Jacob

PS.

THEY HAD HALO STUFF LAST YEAR!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I'm a comic bbook geek so, I was looking at all the collectible comics they had there. I have a sketch book that I had all of the artist draw in.

I went last year too! :D It was my first time going. I really enjoyed it so that is why I am going again. Bummer that you can't make it this year. :(

And yeah, there was some Halo stuff. I found shirts, the McFarlane figures and even the Kotobukiya figures as well. :pI got a shirt and 3 figures when I went.

HaloGoddess said:
I went last year too! :D It was my first time going. I really enjoyed it so that is why I am going again. Bummer that you can't make it this year. :(

And yeah, there was some Halo stuff. I found shirts, the McFarlane figures and even the Kotobukiya figures as well. :pI got a shirt and 3 figures when I went.

AWSOME!!!!

Col Keller said:
when is it? I live in Wis. but i would be willing to drive over depending on the time of year it is.

Well if you clicked on the link I put in the first post, you would know. :pBut it's May 14th-16th. I plan on going on the 15th. It's a saturday and there is a special guest that will be there on that day that I want to see. XD

i'll be goin. weather i finish the ODST suit or not. plan on taking the g/f and the lil man to check out their first con. it should be a blast. im hoping to see some 405'ers there myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back