Movie Quality Jorge Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats true, but this one's for me...;-)

Anything can be done to it, its just plastic, the halves can be molded seperately instead of slushed and then just seam it once you have whatever electronics you want inside it. Its easy, I just dont have the time to do it and as they arent for a film but just costuming I couldnt be bothered.... and less likely to be arrested

Stealthy Ninja Update! Sourced out the perfect visor so as soon as I have some extra cash I can order it and start sculpting the helmet, All but done the prototype for the boot, dug my head cast out of storage, did a test cast for the rubber I'm planning on using for specific part of the armor so i can actually move, sit, and even drive comfortably in full armor, made a Mark VI glove and did a test paint on it, I'll be posting pictures tomorrow evening probably. Excited note about the paintjob on rubber, i believe I have it figured out so the paint WONT crack when the rubber flexs, (woo)

Great job on this build

Jorge is one of my favs

Didn't think about the floral foam before, but now I know what to use for my EOD chest piece this summer

Few shots of the test Gauntlets
prop023-2.jpg
prop031.jpg

Not a comment on the quality (which is excellent btw), but on the accuracy: Jorge uses the Reach hand plates, which are slightly smaller, more rounded. What you have are what Master Chief wears, so I guess they'd be called mark VI or something.

If this was a personal preference call on your part then that's fine, but I wasn't sure if "movie quality" = completely accurate.

Not a comment on the quality (which is excellent btw), but on the accuracy: Jorge uses the Reach hand plates, which are slightly smaller, more rounded. What you have are what Master Chief wears, so I guess they'd be called mark VI or something.

If this was a personal preference call on your part then that's fine, but I wasn't sure if "movie quality" = completely accurate.

I was just testing out a new product on an old mold I have, I havent made the Mark IV from reach yet. They aren't for Jorge, and Film Quality = I will be filming some tests in it and I will have full mobility in it.

One more movie finished and now back to Jorge, alot of the shin is blocked in, need to pick up some bondo to seam it before I can go further, visors arrived the other day, extremely annoying trying to find a visor with a slight dome to it. In the meantime I also made Another Lancer, Halo Battle Rifle M6 with a Scope plasma grenades and star trek tng badges and sold everything but the Lancer at our local Sci-Fi convention to help Fund my Jorge Build. I start another Feature Film at the End of this month so I'm going to try to get as much of the Suit done between now and then as I can. Think thats everything....

Ok, whats that made of? It's either a chip board or masonite near as I can tell, but it may be a plastic? Great build man, I want to try floral foam building now, but I ned to make my workshop first.

Ok, whats that made of? It's either a chip board or masonite near as I can tell, but it may be a plastic? Great build man, I want to try floral foam building now, but I ned to make my workshop first.

Its cardboard and polystyrene sheets, alot of measuring, hot glue super glue and body filler. I'm only using pepakura for the thigh pads case I hate making thigh pads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back