Movie Quality Jorge Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great work so far! Keep it up!

And may I ask, what is the Windex for? Assuming that you are using it for armoring...

Nope, nothing I use or do is 'secret' unless under contract till the film is released. The information in my noggin is available to anyone who wants to know. I hate people who call things 'Trade secrets' to me its extremely unprofessional and shows me that your afraid you cant hold your own so you need to keep secrets. That made sense in my head...don't know if it translated that well.

Well it made sense to me lol. I have been working a lot recently and haven't had much time to work on my armor. But now I've got some spare cash and time, so I'm hoping to work on it more. My first suit was rushed, and really kinda sucked. But this time I'm doing the absolute best I can to make it as great as I can. My plan for the boot is kind of similar to yours, but I'm only going to cast the soles of rubber. And maybe a strip in the middle to hlp it flex. I plan to make the heel, toe cap, and top thing out of SmoothCast.

Well it made sense to me lol. I have been working a lot recently and haven't had much time to work on my armor. But now I've got some spare cash and time, so I'm hoping to work on it more. My first suit was rushed, and really kinda sucked. But this time I'm doing the absolute best I can to make it as great as I can. My plan for the boot is kind of similar to yours, but I'm only going to cast the soles of rubber. And maybe a strip in the middle to hlp it flex. I plan to make the heel, toe cap, and top thing out of SmoothCast.

In my experience feet get scuffed up the most so I'll recommend if your casting it in smooth cast, spend the little bit more and get the Onyx plastic or get some aluminum or steel powder to brush in the mold before casting so if the paint get scuffed and chipped you're not left with blaring white plastic.

Seems every time I plan something out I get hired for a job. Starting the 4th I start a short Film, then on the 7th I start my first feature film that I will be Department head on, then Early July I start a TV series again so I'll be fairly busy all the way to December. From here out I'll mostly just be posting Pics as I get pieces done or started as often as I can. Just thought to give anyone who's following this thread a heads up

"If your wondering what damages foam its acetone, its not too bad on floral foam but spray paint and pure acetone will melt polystyrene (High Density Foam Insulation sheets).

you can also coat it with ureshell and then resin it and the foam will not be damaged

great job so far. that pistol is pretty fricken AMAZING! it looks so real! i'm super jealous! i know my work wont ever turn out like that! maybe i could pay you to make some pieces for me? o_O" just wondering if it was an option. the only pieces i think i'd near your mastery on would be Kat's helmet, and possibly the shotgun and pistol :) lemme know if you'd be willing to do it and what you'd charge, because i know it'd be worth every damn penny!

good job so far, i can only imagine how messy that floral foam is when shaving/sanding.

I have to steer away from those types of messes because I can never seem to clean them up fully.. it's like glitter.. it gets EVERYWHERE! lol.

great job so far. that pistol is pretty fricken AMAZING! it looks so real! i'm super jealous! i know my work wont ever turn out like that! maybe i could pay you to make some pieces for me? o_O" just wondering if it was an option. the only pieces i think i'd near your mastery on would be Kat's helmet, and possibly the shotgun and pistol :) lemme know if you'd be willing to do it and what you'd charge, because i know it'd be worth every damn penny!

I can/will do custom work, just pm me and we can figure it out. Oh, and while I've been on Lunch break on the movie I'm doing now I've almost finished the top mounted scope for the pistol.

Amazing build skills man. I only hope my build comes close to this quality. Please keep the posts coming, even though I understand you're very busy with your film work.

That's amazing, what you do. Working for films is my hopeful dream.

Love the build, it's coming along very nicely. And your pistol is amazing!

What electronics are you thinking about? I'm working on the design for ammo counter, recoil, muzzle flash, flashlight ( or torch for our British friends), and system lights.

What electronics are you thinking about? I'm working on the design for ammo counter, recoil, muzzle flash, flashlight ( or torch for our British friends), and system lights.

Just an ammo counter, anything beyond that just drives up production costs and unaffordable for anyone who wants to buy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back