MrJamin's 3D Printed MK VI Master Chief

MrJamin

No difference. When I first started uploading, I didn't know if people would figure out that it's the same file just labeled differently. I had a lot of messages asking for the other piece. Now I just started putting in the file name - "Print 2 of these" hoping that they get it.

So are you printing a bicep/shoulder piece now?
Started with one part of the right forearm

he4thbar

I don't know how well hot glue is for reinforcing, but a few of us swear by Shoe Goo for reinforcing seams on the inside. however that you will want to do outside and let the helmet sit somewhere like a basement or garage for a day because of the fumes that stuff puts off.

Also regarding getting ready for paint, are you referring to how to reduce print lines? If not I'd suggest going over it first with some rustoleum 2 in 1 filler primer.
Looking great btw.

MrJamin

Update since it has been a bit.

I have been working on printing and am making some progress
IMG_20191118_220142.JPG

Right arm is done and currently working on left. I've also been working on cleaning up the helmet. I'd love to get a coat of filler primer on it but it is currently too cold to do it in my garage and the basement is out of the question. (might have to wait until spring to do a lot of pieces together.

Edit: Also - Sadly I was unable to get tickets for Comic Con. I will need to come up with a new end goal to have the suit ready for.

he4thbar

Update since it has been a bit.

I have been working on printing and am making some progress
View attachment 280701

Right arm is done and currently working on left. I've also been working on cleaning up the helmet. I'd love to get a coat of filler primer on it but it is currently too cold to do it in my garage and the basement is out of the question. (might have to wait until spring to do a lot of pieces together.

Edit: Also - Sadly I was unable to get tickets for Comic Con. I will need to come up with a new end goal to have the suit ready for.
Madison Freak Fest..? Thats even further away though haha. I was gonna wear my suit to it this year but it rained out.

MrJamin

I am a bit of a nerd (who would have guessed) and wanted to track my progress on getting the suit fully printed. I saw the fancy Excel file that MoeSizzlac used for his build and decided to work on my own.

Here is my breakdown of all the parts / time to print / filament used / etc.

Excel.JPG

The grand total for print time ends up being ~37.5 days. (I have around 7 days of it completed already)

MrJamin

Progress Update:

The amount of green plastic keeps growing. Currently working on the right shin piece.

IMG_20191201_215328.JPG

I also made an error which I will have to circle back to.

IMG_20191201_215350.JPG

(I've hear the expression of two left feet, but I managed to print two right ones)

Current remaining print time (not including fixing my mistake and any potential others) - ~22.5 Days

At my current print rate I should hopefully have everything printed (with some buffer) by the middle of January. (I need to print a few things for others for Christmas which will take some printer time)