MrJamin's 3D Printed MK VI Master Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried scaling the boot caps up a bit more, but when I look at it with the shoes it seems to be way too large. I am going to set the boots aside and come back to them.

IMG_20200825_162421.JPG

to move on I started working on the thigh pieces. (including the LEDs) It is "fun" cutting the acrylic sheet to fit inside the holes. I need to find a good way to diffuse the LEDs further as you can still make out the individual lights through the opaque acrylic.

I tried scaling the boot caps up a bit more, but when I look at it with the shoes it seems to be way too large. I am going to set the boots aside and come back to them.

View attachment 295263

to move on I started working on the thigh pieces. (including the LEDs) It is "fun" cutting the acrylic sheet to fit inside the holes. I need to find a good way to diffuse the LEDs further as you can still make out the individual lights through the opaque acrylic.
Hey buddy it looks great super job on the acrylic. now to diffuse the light source so you dont see the bright spot of the led right? if that is the case then if you make your lens a little thicker you can mount the leds one on each side it make it more work but the bright spots is not there and the light shows up pretty well. that is the way i did my iron man eyes it made it look like it was a water flowing like light no bright spots.. just my 2 cents.

DefineLuck - It looks like those require an inverter to power. They look cool, but it is intimidating to know I would need to run other stuff for them around my suit. Do you have any more details on what you did?

Ideally, I am trying to keep everything in my suit running off of the same USB battery bank like RandomRanger

DefineLuck - It looks like those require an inverter to power. They look cool, but it is intimidating to know I would need to run other stuff for them around my suit. Do you have any more details on what you did?

Ideally, I am trying to keep everything in my suit running off of the same USB battery bank like RandomRanger

That picture isn’t of the ones i actually bought, the ones I got all came with a battery box that required 3 AA BATTERIES. It was easy plug and play. I also really liked that I could change the frequency of the lights to flash. In the game when master chief is low on armor his lights flash So I thought it was neat.

I had some downtime today. After looking at some pictures from Spidermonkey60 and master_colt_117 I noticed that the shoulder clip area in MoeSizzlac's files was not totally accurate. I am not really going for 100% (T3) accuracy, but I felt that this could use a little more detail.

Clip.png

(Moe's bottom right, Master_Colt's Upper Right, My file Left)

Thanks to TurboCharizard and Rock Lobbster for answering questions in Discord since I am a Fusion Noob.

The best thing (and it still blows me away about 3D printing) is that from idea through design to finished product it took ~1.5 hours for me to have this.

(New vs. Old)
Updated.jpg
Old.jpg

If anyone wants the simple STL file to print this for themselves please feel free to grab it. MoeSizzlac - If you want to put this with your files I am all for it.

Attachments

• MKVI Chest Clip.zip
    103.2 KB · Views: 232
I had some downtime today. After looking at some pictures from Spidermonkey60 and master_colt_117 I noticed that the shoulder clip area in MoeSizzlac's files was not totally accurate. I am not really going for 100% (T3) accuracy, but I felt that this could use a little more detail.

View attachment 295552
(Moe's bottom right, Master_Colt's Upper Right, My file Left)

Thanks to TurboCharizard and Rock Lobbster for answering questions in Discord since I am a Fusion Noob.

The best thing (and it still blows me away about 3D printing) is that from idea through design to finished product it took ~1.5 hours for me to have this.

(New vs. Old)
View attachment 295554View attachment 295553

If anyone wants the simple STL file to print this for themselves please feel free to grab it. MoeSizzlac - If you want to put this with your files I am all for it.

An accurate 3d files does exist, i know who has it. The shape down in the latch is a horseshoe like shape, not a square. I dont 3d print, but I can definitely tell you most of the files out there are very low detail except for the file this guy has. Luckily, I was able to get my hands on a real life print of it, burn it into my minds eye, take lots of reference pictures, and measurements then I brought it to life in the comfortable fashion of foam. Plus foam gives you the ability to gouge in the halo 3 chest scar for extra fun. Luckily my foam is layered 20-40mm thick on my torso for really good strength and fit. On this guy's 3d print, I joined the torso together for him and finished the collar undersuit region you see painted in the pics below. For reference I attached my foam torso as well, his is the grey one

20190925_175228.jpg20190925_175142.jpg20200125_183150.jpg20200108_200707.jpgIMG_2221.jpg

Last edited:
I ended up being up late last night due to work and once I was done I needed to do something fun before going to bed.

After looking at the images from Master Colt I noticed that the back vents in Moe's files were different too:
Vents.png
Vents2.png

These did not look terribly hard to make an improvement on so I decided to dive back into Fusion and here are my results:

IMG_20200902_141300.JPG
IMG_20200902_141305.JPG

(New on Left vs Old on right)

I like the update version as it gets it closer to the actual suit.

If anyone wants the updated file it is attached.

Attachments

• Back Vents.zip
    817 bytes · Views: 174
I ended up being up late last night due to work and once I was done I needed to do something fun before going to bed.

After looking at the images from Master Colt I noticed that the back vents in Moe's files were different too:
View attachment 295630View attachment 295631

These did not look terribly hard to make an improvement on so I decided to dive back into Fusion and here are my results:

View attachment 295628View attachment 295629
(New on Left vs Old on right)

I like the update version as it gets it closer to the actual suit.

If anyone wants the updated file it is attached.
nice this way there are other options for people who want to customize there suit. brovo, brovo

Progress Day!

Finally getting some more black down on my armor! I am really stoked with how it is looking.
IMG_20200907_155027.JPG

(though I realized that I forgot to cut holes for lights in the torso (front and back) so I will need to do that and then touch up around those spots)

IMG_20200907_155030.JPG

I was also able to make some progress on some other pieces / projects
IMG_20200907_155034.JPG
IMG_20200907_155039.JPG

One final note - Always wear gloves / remove your wedding ring when spray painting...
IMG_20200907_155235.JPG

The wife was not too happy that I temporarily colored my wedding ring black.

Progress Day!

Finally getting some more black down on my armor! I am really stoked with how it is looking.
View attachment 295838
(though I realized that I forgot to cut holes for lights in the torso (front and back) so I will need to do that and then touch up around those spots)

View attachment 295839

I was also able to make some progress on some other pieces / projects
View attachment 295840View attachment 295841

One final note - Always wear gloves / remove your wedding ring when spray painting...
View attachment 295842
The wife was not too happy that I temporarily colored my wedding ring black.
way to go buddy, has no one told you happy wife happy life lol i know how thats can happen my wife even buys me a clening machine i can clean my ring when i do this she is ahead of the game. her saying is boys never grow up ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back