MrJamin's 3D Printed MK VI Master Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
More progress tonight, and I decided to put all the pieces out to see how everything looks together.

(again this is not the final color on the new pieces - which is why they look slightly off (also missing weathering)
IMG_3554.jpg

I have been working on this a lot lately (my wife has been traveling for work) but it feels really good to be making a ton of progress.

2022-06-28 22_33_06-Window.png
(This made me smile a lot Rock Lobbster

I also got some of the crate details added tonight. This will be a nice way to transport the armor

IMG_3555.jpg

IMG_3556.jpg

I really want to make a stencil and paint something in the big panel on the side of this case.

Anyone have suggestions?

(I really like what Asgardianhammer did on his crates)
1656473864551.png

Looking really good there. Gonna be awesome to see it in person!

I really want to make a stencil and paint something in the big panel on the side of this case.

Anyone have suggestions?

View attachment 319706

No specific ideas, but I've been thinking about customizing my crates as well at some point and have been thinking of taking inspiration from some of these images:

1656522323741.png 1656522453460.png 1656522474023.png 1656522573205.png
regardless of whether matching something in-game or not, trying to make something that looks like it could fit in-universe.

Fallen I've been thinking this would be pretty good on the side of the case

1656523124957.png

I also think that I am going to try to put my DIN, something about Fragile, and something saying MJOLNIR

Looking really good there. Gonna be awesome to see it in person!

No specific ideas, but I've been thinking about customizing my crates as well at some point and have been thinking of taking inspiration from some of these images:

View attachment 319728 View attachment 319729 View attachment 319730 View attachment 319731
regardless of whether matching something in-game or not, trying to make something that looks like it could fit in-universe.
I might know someone who has a full scale crate of the second image lower left along with various 343 approved decals. It might be overkill for an armour crate but if for a booth you wanted something I can do an ask.

Updates coming hard and fast! Got the final color down on the pieces tonight!

The color is so much better and will make the pieces blend with the already finished armor.
IMG_3560.jpg

The amazing thing is that the two colors are so different, yet here are the two cans:
IMG_3561.jpg

Time to move on to weathering, detailing, etc. :-D
(good color on left)

My wife is out of town again this week for work so time to crunch some more.

Last night I started working on the weathering for a bunch of the smaller pieces.

IMG_3580.jpg

I am following the same process that I outlined here:

(if I had started this whole suit knowing what I do now I would do it differently, but need to keep a consistent look)

KernelArthritis - Here are some updated pictures of the boots

I have a sacrificial pair of shoes that everything is getting attached to. I started by gluing some extra foam on the bottom to make me just that little bit taller. I also have some Velcro (more later) for attaching the laces cover. The other part pictured here is part of shock boot (stole the idea from JGPenland)

IMG_3590.jpg

Strong Velcro:
IMG_3591.jpg

Inside of the laces cover:
IMG_3592.jpg

The toe cap and the heel will get glued directly on to the shoe.

I also ordered eight additional kilograms of filament that should be delivered early next week.
Oh boy that's a lot of filament! Looking good though, keep it up! 3D printed armor can be a real pain but with time and patience it becomes something beautiful

More progress tonight, and I decided to put all the pieces out to see how everything looks together.

(again this is not the final color on the new pieces - which is why they look slightly off (also missing weathering)
View attachment 319704

I have been working on this a lot lately (my wife has been traveling for work) but it feels really good to be making a ton of progress.

View attachment 319705
(This made me smile a lot Rock Lobbster

I also got some of the crate details added tonight. This will be a nice way to transport the armor

View attachment 319702
View attachment 319703

Anyone have suggestions?

View attachment 319706
May I ask where you bought that rolling transport case?

Both boots are now done (minus some last minute dirt).

IMG_3605.jpg

I took them for a bit of a test walk today and decided that the foam I glued on the bottom didn't give it enough height and was not durable enough. A quick stop at Harbor Freight and I now have some stronger rubber glued to the bottoms.

293137940_1349676282227786_4239740959377892025_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back