Mwmanus' Noble Team Build Thread (Jorge in-progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah.....understood. Thanks......Again, thanks for the tip and thank you for the great pics.......going to use them as reference pic when/if I build a Jorge suit.

I might've missed something reading this but, are you using the foam pep files or doing this from scratch?
and how on earth are you storing all your armor?

I might've missed something reading this but, are you using the foam pep files or doing this from scratch?
and how on earth are you storing all your armor?

I use pep files and game asset models for the most part, but i modify them to look more accurate, and theres some occasional freehand work.

And as for storing my armor, my entire emile suit(minus the helmet) fits nicely in a 50 gallon tote that i leave in my basement and jorge is currently residing on the floor in my room, but i'll get a tote to put jorge in eventually

I use pep files and game asset models for the most part, but i modify them to look more accurate, and theres some occasional freehand work.

And as for storing my armor, my entire emile suit(minus the helmet) fits nicely in a 50 gallon tote that i leave in my basement and jorge is currently residing on the floor in my room, but i'll get a tote to put jorge in eventually

Someone comes over to your house, "whats in that tote?"
"Oh that, that's a Spartan suit"
There expression: o_O:eek:

Im in awe of your work! I'm making my own Jorge currently but considering I've never made a foam cosplay before its okay, some parts are a bit dodgy and feel like the glue might split but I'm praying for it to stay together!

If I could be so rude as to ask for example with your backpack, how many types of foam do you use, thickness wise, and could you post a sort of tutorial just explaining some basic techniques and such, perhaps including what tools you like using, I've cut all my pieces with a exacto but It must be a rubbish brand since I've snapped 3 already haha might invest in a table saw haha! Many thanks!

Here's a couple of mine so far, if had to alter a few bits namely the biceps purely so they fit, and I may alter the shins with some added depth on the front square,
please tell me what you think! Many thanks
1501659730144-323421638.jpg 1501659751795924994988.jpg 1501659778232-1781261523.jpg 150165979740013228682.jpg

Im in awe of your work! I'm making my own Jorge currently but considering I've never made a foam cosplay before its okay, some parts are a bit dodgy and feel like the glue might split but I'm praying for it to stay together!

If I could be so rude as to ask for example with your backpack, how many types of foam do you use, thickness wise, and could you post a sort of tutorial just explaining some basic techniques and such, perhaps including what tools you like using, I've cut all my pieces with a exacto but It must be a rubbish brand since I've snapped 3 already haha might invest in a table saw haha! Many thanks!

Here's a couple of mine so far, if had to alter a few bits namely the biceps purely so they fit, and I may alter the shins with some added depth on the front square,
please tell me what you think! Many thanks
View attachment 248094 View attachment 248095 View attachment 248096 View attachment 248097

Thank you, and sorry, I've been neglecting this forum lately, I'll try to get my progress pics up soon, I'm actually almost done with this suit.

As for the backpack, I used the thick 1/2" foam mats for the body and I used 6mm and 2mm craft foam for all the details. Again, I'll try to post some pictures later to help illustrate what I did.

And as for the tutorial, I don't really have the time to do it yet, but I plan do make some tutorials some time after dragon con this year, which ends sept. 4th. If you want to find me and follow me on Facebook and Instagram (which is where I more regularly update all my progress) you can keep an eye out for my tutorials there

Facebook:
-Michael Manus
Facebook cosplay page:
-mwmanus cosplay and props
Instagram:
-mwmanus

In the meantime though, I use the z-series x-acto blades to cut out all of my foam, I would suggest investing in a decent knife sharpener as it increases blade life exponentially. And if you're breaking blades then I can only assume you are bearing down way too hard when you cut your foam, if you have a sufficiently sharp blade you shouldn't have to bear down nearly at all.

Also I wouldn't bother investing in a table saw, which I assume you mean a band saw, unless you are planning on cutting multiple layers of foam at once or generally large pieces. A band saw, or table saw, does not cut nearly as cleanly as a decent x-acto blade

And as for the glue, I'm not sure which kind you're using but I use constant cement, and if used properly, it stays together quite well

Hopefully some of this has helped you, I'll get around to updating this thread eventually, but in the meantime check out my Facebook pages and Instagram for all of my progress (seriously, there's ALOT more on there xD) and also feel free to ask me anything, I'm not opposed to answering any questions

I have been watching your progress on Facebook and ohhhhhhh goodness gracious me is it brilliant.
IMG_3421.GIF

You're helmet Is looking awesome and with the backpack attached to the chest it's looking even better and better every time I check.

I have been watching your progress on Facebook and ohhhhhhh goodness gracious me is it brilliant.
View attachment 248099
You're helmet Is looking awesome and with the backpack attached to the chest it's looking even better and better every time I check.

Haha well thank you! I really appreciate that. I'll be posting another update on Instagram and Facebook in a minute, by the way xD

Thank you, and sorry, I've been neglecting this forum lately, I'll try to get my progress pics up soon, I'm actually almost done with this suit.

As for the backpack, I used the thick 1/2" foam mats for the body and I used 6mm and 2mm craft foam for all the details. Again, I'll try to post some pictures later to help illustrate what I did.

And as for the tutorial, I don't really have the time to do it yet, but I plan do make some tutorials some time after dragon con this year, which ends sept. 4th. If you want to find me and follow me on Facebook and Instagram (which is where I more regularly update all my progress) you can keep an eye out for my tutorials there

Facebook:
-Michael Manus
Facebook cosplay page:
-mwmanus cosplay and props
Instagram:
-mwmanus

In the meantime though, I use the z-series x-acto blades to cut out all of my foam, I would suggest investing in a decent knife sharpener as it increases blade life exponentially. And if you're breaking blades then I can only assume you are bearing down way too hard when you cut your foam, if you have a sufficiently sharp blade you shouldn't have to bear down nearly at all.

Also I wouldn't bother investing in a table saw, which I assume you mean a band saw, unless you are planning on cutting multiple layers of foam at once or generally large pieces. A band saw, or table saw, does not cut nearly as cleanly as a decent x-acto blade

And as for the glue, I'm not sure which kind you're using but I use constant cement, and if used properly, it stays together quite well

Hopefully some of this has helped you, I'll get around to updating this thread eventually, but in the meantime check out my Facebook pages and Instagram for all of my progress (seriously, there's ALOT more on there xD) and also feel free to ask me anything, I'm not opposed to answering any questions

Wow thanks a lot for taking the time to answer! I really appreciate it! I've seen a lot of threads on other forums that appear to die as people move on to other projects and replies usually tend to get left in the dark so it means a lot that you replied so quickly!

All the info you have given is extremely appreciated, I shall look for a better knife definitely, mine where a cheap set really and it was a piece of plastic that started to wear in the middle of each knife and eventually snapped but I am a touch heavy handed too I suppose haha, also I'm using gorilla super glue, which is quite expensive really but I have recently picked up some cement that I'm eager to try out.

I will most definitely keep a close eye on your progress on Facebook and instagram too as I'm very much a beginner and frankly your work appears to be flawless :D

I'm already looking at improving parts as I'm going along with the build anyway so I'll see how to get on, I'm using templates from pep printouts and sort of going from there trying to work out my scaling correctly too, which hasn't been too bad.

I'll message you on Facebook with a question or two as to not fill this up too much heh heh

Again many thanks! Can't wait to see it finished :D

Wow thanks a lot for taking the time to answer! I really appreciate it! I've seen a lot of threads on other forums that appear to die as people move on to other projects and replies usually tend to get left in the dark so it means a lot that you replied so quickly!

All the info you have given is extremely appreciated, I shall look for a better knife definitely, mine where a cheap set really and it was a piece of plastic that started to wear in the middle of each knife and eventually snapped but I am a touch heavy handed too I suppose haha, also I'm using gorilla super glue, which is quite expensive really but I have recently picked up some cement that I'm eager to try out.

I will most definitely keep a close eye on your progress on Facebook and instagram too as I'm very much a beginner and frankly your work appears to be flawless :D

I'm already looking at improving parts as I'm going along with the build anyway so I'll see how to get on, I'm using templates from pep printouts and sort of going from there trying to work out my scaling correctly too, which hasn't been too bad.

I'll message you on Facebook with a question or two as to not fill this up too much heh heh

Again many thanks! Can't wait to see it finished :D

Haha no problem, I have notifications set up to let me know if I get any messages or replies on my threads and I usually try to respond to everything if I have a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back