my 1st armour....

Status
Not open for further replies.

kratoas

ok so i just need maybe a few things to know
if tape is good to use when attaching the armour to cardboard....
(oh yea im making my set pepakura style...eh fast and cheap...)

and should i use crayon, colour pencils, or markers.... to colour it...
(the more i read that last sentence the more kid-ish it looked...)

anyway thats about it for my questions and if anyone wants to help thanks in advance...ill check back after my helm prints out and i get the pieces cut out...

also
i will always spell words like honour, armour, colour, & ect with "u" so dont correct me please...

*cough* paint *cough* :D anywho tape isnt gonna hold it all. pluss you still need resin over it or its all gonna fall apart ;)

This is a serious project, not a preschool 5 minute pep job. This armor takes a month and a half to build, cost over 100 dollars in materials, and cant be dont cheap and quick like you think.

i suggest using resin, fiberglass, and then spray painting it.

AoBfrost said:
This is a serious project, not a preschool 5 minute pep job. This armor takes a month and a half to build, cost over 100 dollars in materials, and cant be dont cheap and quick like you think.

i suggest using resin, fiberglass, and then spray painting it.
yep... and fiberglass for the visor ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
i know... i know....but being in high school takes away from my avaliable money.... but im just making a set i can use for haloween..so after that ill probably try out something with the fiberglass and resin..

but for now ill just have a cardboard support and i cant get any paint either...not now..

ps.. i posted here cause i still had page up and pushed back button while watching youtube movies...lol so i ended up back here and a lot of comments...
i want to thank yall for being quick and responsive well my prints just finished back to my other computer....

.........In highschool...taking away time? I'm in highschool and have a JOB which takes away all my time yet I still dedicate myself to 3-4 hours a day.

I will say this to all nubs, if your spending mommy and daddy's money, forget it, they wont be happy at all, spend your own money for quality armor.

im new to all this too, but i decided i was going to make armor a week ago, and i havent even printed out the pepakura yet. why? because im gathering as much info as i can. you should also check this guys stuff out. its really nice. im not meaning to critique what you think you need to do, but from what i have seen, its much more difficult to get it looking really really good, like chris bryan, or bluerealm.

AoBfrost said:
.........In highschool...taking away time? I'm in highschool and have a JOB which takes away all my time yet I still dedicate myself to 3-4 hours a day.

I will say this to all nubs, if your spending mommy and daddy's money, forget it, they wont be happy at all, spend your own money for quality armor.

im back ay my computer and ...my parents technically use "my" money hence i never have my own money...

mybad not fiber glass! o_o that wont werk >_< i meant like, plastic visor things. idk what theyre called. i think i got it at walmart. cant remember. <_>

Fragclone said:
wow that kinda sucks...

indeed... and
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DemonSandWizard @ Oct 17 2007, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>mybad not fiber glass! o_o that wont werk >_< i meant like, plastic visor things. idk what theyre called. i think i got it at walmart. cant remember. <_></div>
yes i am atleast getting the visor....probably off net unless walmart has a decent one....

my personal advice for you is to maybe make just a helmet for halloween, get some experiance with what you need to do, then embark on the big project when you have more money, and no deadline..... im planning on finishing my mark V helm before halloween, so i can wear it, then just buy some cheap protective gear for the body peices, then paint them. Given, it wont look great, but it will allow me to be chief for halloween, get some good experiance so i can come back after and make a nice mark VI suit. You think you learned alot through this thread, wait till you try it, there is a lot of stuff you probably havent thought of yet. Like mine, its slightly crooked because i missed a couple of the joints when glueing..... rrr.... if you just want a costume, this may not be the best choice for you.

hot glue to hold
fiberglass and resin to strengthen
bondo and a dremel to add details
hjc motorcycle lenses for the visor
paint (crayon/pencils just wont cut it)
TIME and lots of it (you should plan to invest at least 3 months to have a good looking helmet)

Gasilli said:
I have a question, how well can you see through fiberglass if you use it for the visor?
WHy do you fiberglass the visor when the plastic itself it hard? You cant see through a silver cloth....

BenStreeper said:
hot glue to hold
fiberglass and resin to strengthen
bondo and a dremel to add details
hjc motorcycle lenses for the visor
paint (crayon/pencils just wont cut it)
TIME and lots of it (you should plan to invest at least 3 months to have a good looking helmet)

ok i plan to use this helmet i made in the pic below just for Haloween "Halo" hehehe

idk if it worked up i uploaded it...

PHTO0001.jpg

PHTO0002.jpg

PHTO0004.jpg

i only did 3 pics cause my supid camera is low on battery power and took like half a minute to be ready to take another pic...but i think these 3 are enough
i did use pencils.....but just for now...sooner or later when i get the fiberglass and resin ill paint it........also i need a visor for it....

ps i want to thank everyone who gave me tips and stuff.... about paint and all....lol....it will get painted soon enough..

also im using pieces of foam for support on the inside... to help keep it from doing a 180 when i turn my head...still needs some work on that
though

and when i make the boot covers "whenever that is" do i make it with bottom part? cause id be walking on it or something like that? and ill also be trying to put these bad boys on my own steel-toe....(yay)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back