My Advice For Noobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
well this threads been helpful lol ive read a lot about ppl saying not to start on helmet, but on smaller simplier parts, but like kelevra16 said it was just too awesome to ignore. im doing odst halo 3 helmet and i already messed up with the scaling and had to reprint all the pieces, a while back i realised i accidently skipped a very small piece near the bottom and it took a lot of work trying to fix it, i fixed it (barely) but it set me back with all the time i spent trying to get the pieces alligned and to their proper shape, turned out that small piece missing warped that side and i didnt notice till i was done with the other side :( now ive got sunburn from da beach so im so far behind on my helmet project, but BY THE POWA OF GREYSKULL!!!!! i will get it done ^.^ i guess no matter what, dont give up because in the end (that so, very, far away end) your hard work will pay off.

This is one of the things i always look at during a project cuz it tells u that even if u screw up its ok just keeping tryin till you get it rite
Good tips that every one should read

Thanks for the heads up. I am also glad that my wife has put up with my madness thus far, and hopefully she will continue.

For someone enthusiastic like myself who enjoys the arts and is in love with Halo in general, I find it reasurring to see people taking the time to point out what not to do. I've never made a full armor suit before, and I'm extremely excited to try and make one bad ass peice for conventions. But, it's somewhat depressing to see some posting about "If you're new to this, and fail miserably, maybe you should rethink this project." I feel differently. Even the pro's had to start somewhere, and I'm sure they failed many times in the beginning. All you need is a lot of patience, save up your money accordingly and sparringly, and take your time. You don't need to buy the materials for every single piece. Maybe once every few months (depending on how big or small peices you've completed) buy as completed. Either way, great advice from those already in the costume making business, and I hope to do the 405th proud! :)

Just my view on your safety points
Mistakes also create experience and practice creates skill...So if we heed the safety advice because other people are experienced, we can all have more time to improve our skill......like i always say....Go home with a money bag...Not a body bag.
Oh Yep I Pep too...welll...Just started a Noble Six HD Carter Helmet 80)

Thanks, this is great advice. I'm going to try to make a point to continue to re-read this time and again as I build armor and other things.

well... Everyone wants "the cheapest armor available but there is no "real good" armor for under $800 that is all.

In Cosplay armor crafting like this is actually cheaper than a lot of fabric-only costumes unless you are doing stuff like the animated Iron Man suits people come up with.

Iron man helmet

I'm as much of a noob as you can get, but I finished my pepakura model yesterday before doing much research, and I've used Sellotape on both the inside and outside to stick it...does this mean I can't harden it?

Thanks for this, really helps with the thought process, there can be so much to take in and trying to digest it can be a hardship, thats not even including the actual process of creating your very own project.

im in a high school metal shop and im planning on making a suit of Mjolin Mark VI Halo Reach armor out of aluminium and i am having trouble finding the dimensions... its going to take twice as long if i have to make one with just the foldout and plaster and get it finished just so i can get the measurements and put them into the computerized machine :/ it would be nice to not do twice the work so do u know anybody who could help? all i need are the measurments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back